Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / WIP using DarkGDK.Net - Airline Sharks!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2011 05:02 Edited at: 14th Dec 2011 05:03
Here is a youTube of my newly rewritten board game using this toolkit.

http://youtu.be/z-_iU1-pT2s

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios
jojoofu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2011 17:40
Very nice ! So is this game like rollercoaster tycoon ? Where you have to build your airline ? Looks very nice can't way to see a playable demo.

" The best slaves are the ones who think they are free. "
aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2011 17:51 Edited at: 16th Dec 2011 17:54
Thanks! jojoofu.

Well, I've not played roller coaster tycoon, but this game is very similar to Monopoly. Each space represents an airport. As you move around the board, you actually lease the airport and establish a base operations building. There are 15 airports, 3 sets of 3, and 3 sets of 2. Once you have any complete set, you can build on the airport(s) by adding 3 terminals, and 1 tower (in that order). If an opponent taxis to the hold point of your airport, they pay you rent for parking their plane, and/or use of your terminal. The rates increase based upon the level of expansion at your airport(s). There are special spaces at the end of each runway that impact game play due to weather, emergencies, FAA regulations and the U.S. Postal Service. Each time you completely circle the board, you return to your "gate" where you earn operating capital from the shareholders of your airline. Earnings are based upon the number of leases and the level of expansion on each. The object is to dominate the airline industry by being the only provider at each airport.

If you will notice the opening sequence is showing all buildings, terminals and towers. This is how it would appear once all properties are leased completely. In this video, I am testing the mechanism where rent is being collected, and the building code was skipped which is why you don't see any buildings yet.

aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 02:59
Greetings everyone. Here is an updated video of the current state of this project. I am nearing completion and will begin to pre-sell it in a few weeks. But here is what the DarkGDK.NET is capable of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1I4aBZICbE

jojoofu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2012 08:27
Looks really nice man , excellent job.

aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2012 17:23
@jojoofu

Thanks! It's changing daily. I've already added of ton of more gameplay features. I'll have another video probably by the first of next week.

Wish I'd been up to speed on this when I first got it over 1 year ago.

jojoofu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2012 19:35
aerostudios - I sent you an email. You'll see my screen name Jojoofu in the title and it's from a yahoo address. Tell me if you got it.

aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 22:19
Anyone know how to implement the DarkGDK.Net in a VS2008 Setup Program? I have packaged the game and tried to install on a Windows 7 - 64 bit PC and its failing when it tries to register DarkGDK.DLL and DGDK.DLL in the Windows\SysWOW64 folder. I'm thinking it shouldn't be putting it there, it needs to go in Windows\System32.

I've tried to use the redistributable but its crapping out as well. Any ideas?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 03:57:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 03:57:25