Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Compiling for iTouch

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know why, but I'm confused. Can we compile our AppGameKit apps for iTouch/iPhone and manually install? If so, is anyone interested in doing a swap. I can compile for an Android if someone can do it for an iTouch/iPhone. Just let me know.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 18:32
You can do that if you have a Mac and have signed up for an Apple developer license. You need the license to be able to install software manually on your iOS device. Since Apple demands an annual developer fee, it is far cheaper to develop for Android.

badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't have a Mac. Anyone out there who has a Mac that would compile for me and in return, I will compile for an Android? Anyone???? Anyone???? Bueller????
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
If you have a PC (and most have), anyone can compile to android and test on the emulator
badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I'm sure there are people out there who just have a Mac and no PC who would like to build their app for an Android. Or, maybe there is someone out there with a Mac looking to help.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 23:39
Quote: "Don't have a Mac. Anyone out there who has a Mac that would compile for me and in return, I will compile for an Android? Anyone???? Anyone???? Bueller????"

To bad I don't have mac, since I need help with the android compiling thing

Can't you use a virtual machine to compile it (I think you would still need the iOS developer license though...
badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
If you want it compiled for an Android, I can try compiling it for you. It's pretty simple. Just send me all the files in the "media" folder including the bytecode.
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 22:46
There's no point swapping. To sell your game you still need to pay for an Apple developers account as far as I'm aware you couldn't use the app on your iOS devices without an account either. Android is easier, £25 to register and that's about it.
badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
What if I just wanted to put it on there to play an not sell just yet? I just want to see if it will work.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes android is easier, because you can compile on a PC and all it costs is 1 lifetime fee of $25 that anyone can afford.

However the best returns are on iOS!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2012 12:53
Actually iOS is getting increasingly difficult to monetise with paid apps. With the surge in Android market share, you might have better luck with advertising revenue from Android apps. Build 107 of AppGameKit will include advertising commands which makes the process of monetising your creation uber simple!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
my project uses advanced sound control, which I can only achieve using the FMOD replay library.

whilst FMOD works faultlessly with AppGameKit on iOS, I couldn't make it work with AppGameKit on Android as FMOD uses a shared library and AppGameKit a static lib, so unfortunately no Android for me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 05:10:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 05:10:31