Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Internet multiplayer server problem.

Author
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I made some multiplayer code that need to be run on a internet server.

im only able to connect to it using remote desktop.

The problem here is that Tier1 .exe files can not run when you connect to the server using remote desktop.

I always get this error:
Failed to get bitmap bits for image: Arial.png at line 0

Checked and all folders and files are created ok:
c:\Users\Administrator\Documents\AGK\C_Users_Administrator_Desktop_netserver_netserverexe\

So there must be another problem ?

( read somewhere on the forum about 16bit color problems, remote desktop are only able to run at 16bit, could that be the problem ? ).

If the problem is the 16bit colors, it would not help me to code it in Tier2 ?

Im stuck here, please help

best regards Preben Eriksen,
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 05:11
Quote: "read somewhere on the forum about 16bit color problems, remote desktop are only able to run at 16bit, could that be the problem ?"

It sounds like that's the problem. After much searching I was able to dig up this thread. Scroll down to the end.

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes the 16bit color problem i did see that.

If thats the case, and your coding any internet based system, highscore/multiplayer etc.. you really need a dedicated server on the net. You could host it at you home, but that is not a option if you want the speed/stable server you need. Dont think you will find a datacenter where your actually able to get a "real" monitor on your box, everything need to be controlled using remote desktop.

What are my options here ?

Perhaps TGC could share some of the "windows code" used to make the AppGameKit network commands ( mainly the structure ), that way i could just make my own console server app ?

best regards Preben Eriksen,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 06:57:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 06:57:57