Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Publishing to AppUp

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to build my app and upload to AppUp. Anyone have any luck with this? I started following the directions. I didn't get very far. I copied the "interpreter_appup" folder to "myapp_appup". Then, using Visual Studio Express, open the solution in that folder. When I do this, I get a message that I need to convert it because it's an older version. I convert and then continue the instructions.

The next step says to remove the interpreter_appup item, which I do. Here's where I can't continue. It says to Add an existing project, navigate to my newly created folder and select the .vcproj file. When I do, it says "the selected file cannot be opened as a solution or project. Please select a solution file or a project file."

Anyone else have this problem when trying to build a solution for AppUp?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 00:17
Did you get any further with getting your project converted over to the latest Visual Studio edition? We provide templates for both 2008 and 2010, but all the interpreter projects are 2008 only to keep the source code readable

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
No, no luck. Am I the only person having this problem? I would have guessed hundreds are having this problem.

When I open, it converts. However, I immediately see a problem in the following line:

#include <atlimage.h>

It says that file doesn't exist. I searched everywhere and cannot find that file.

Do you recognize that file? Do you see what I am doing wrong?
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 08:02
Why not just delete that line?

badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried that (first thing I tried). Other errors started popping up, so I figured I wasn't going in the right direction.
badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee, don't the guide instructions say to use Express 2010? If this is the case, then there are a lot of people out there having this problem. This may be a problem with people downloading the latest version of 2010 express. Something must have changed and I expect this to begin causing a lot more problems.

I guess my solution would be to remove 2010 and try and find an old copy of 2008? I hate to go backwards.
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 16:36
As far as I know, only the professional versions of Visual Studio can be used to make valid .msi install packages.

Cheers

badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried Visual Studio 2010 Pro (30 day trial) and I got the exact same results. A message came up saying it needed to convert the project. Every direction I took came up with the same problem. Not sure how to proceed.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 00:58
Try this suggestion by Mike. Typically you need the Standard VS which contains the ATLMFC stuff, but here goes:

* remove the include for atlimage.h in core.cpp

* edit project settings and ignore atls.lib and atlsd.lib in the linker

* update the debug directory so it points to the Final folder (for example projects)

Let us know how this goes.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:03:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:03:12