Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Third Party Builds

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 01:44
Is there anyone planning on offering a build service for Tier 1 coders. The idea is to create the Tier 1 code, get any needed signature files then send everything needed to the build service and have someone build the file for you.

Jason
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 15:12 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 15:15
I haven't heard of anything quite like that.

TGC might be piloting a scheme where they will publish your game (if they are happy with it) and you get a share of the profit. The good side of this is you wouldn't need anything more than a Tier 1 copy of your code to get published on all platforms. Some people might not be happy with the percentage of the profits they might get but then you aren't risking anything publishing through a third party in this way.

It is far from ready and may never happen (little more than rumour at the moment) but it's the closest I've heard to what you're looking for.

EDIT: Another way of looking at it is I'd rather have 50% of something than 70% of nothing...

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 00:22
Keep your eye out for the AppGameKit Player Service which is a first step towards offering self-publishers a smoother ride when dealing with the iOS platform.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
blueFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 21:29
It would be nice if the AppGameKit Player Service done this for all supported platforms instead of just the IOS platform.

Perhaps it will extend to cover all the platforms and it is just starting with the IOS platform.

Jason
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 14:30
All the other platforms have the AppGameKit Player freely available from the various app stores. Just type AppGameKit into a non-Apple store, and chances are you will find it first time on Android, AppUp, Samsung App Store, Mac Store and Blackberry Playbook Store

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 03:34:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 03:34:39