Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / I found this site that says you can use there stuff for free

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 05:23 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 05:41
There is a lot of 64 by 64 pictures on this site I guess they where trying to get the models away for free. I think this also means you can use the pictures for free in your game. About 10,000 64 by 64's

http://archive3d.net/

it says this right on there site for use.

Largest structured directory of free 3D models. Daily 3D models update. No registration needed to download a model. More than 8,500,000 page views per month! In fact, Archive3D.net is an everyday tool of thousands of 3D designers.

Go through yourself at a wall.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 11:03 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 11:06
yeah but does it say royalty free?

Just had a look nice but absolutely no copyright or licencing data... I do not care if its free without a licence I am steering clear of that site... I can understand theyre making their income via marketing but still It needs to state royalty free otherwise your asking for trouble...

Can someone clear this up? I could save a huge amount of time and money if I could use their textures...

I tried to find an about us page but can find nothing on there...

Thanks for sharing this 3d point in space

EDIT

A quick look over at the wordpress look like hosted 3d model site... and it stinks of STOLEN CONTENT...

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 11:32 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 11:35
I am using this site though not for its textures just to get Ideas of my own textures I made some of my own ones looking at theres as a template so they are orignal, and I just look at there models to make mine.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 11:43
Oooooookay...

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 11:57 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 11:58
I couldn't find anything to suggest stolen content but it is odd that they don't mention licenses in ANY way shape or form. Artists are not mentioned either, just who uploaded the file. I find it hard to believe that none of the artists want at least a mention as they tend to request on other sites (even when it is not required it is normally requested).

I would be careful and won't be using this site.

Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 13:50
This is the only reference to licensing I could see;

The 3d site has exactly the same license. Personally I won't be using it as I don't trust the source but each to their own.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 13:55
Talairina... link?

But I agree I will be avoiding it like the plague...

Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 14:28
It pops up when you click the image of the individual model/texture. Can't link directly to it as it use's Javascript to pop the license up.

Try it on this model for example;

http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=ac2f748c
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 15:21
Ahh well spotted...

Well I think we will still avoid it haha I do not want to gst those textures mixed up on my systems...

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 16:32
I been looking around and aparently nasa is giving away free models too. this is what they say about using there models.

Still Images, Audio Recordings, Video, and Related Computer Files

NASA still images; audio files; video; and computer files used in the rendition of 3-dimensional models, such as texture maps and polygon data in any format, generally are not copyrighted. You may use NASA imagery, video, audio, and data files used for the rendition of 3-dimensional models for educational or informational purposes, including photo collections, textbooks, public exhibits, computer graphical simulations and Internet Web pages. This general permission extends to personal Web pages.

This general permission does not extend to use of the NASA insignia logo (the blue "meatball" insignia), the retired NASA logotype (the red "worm" logo) and the NASA seal. These images may not be used by persons who are not NASA employees or on products (including Web pages) that are not NASA-sponsored.

NASA should be acknowledged as the source of the material except in cases of advertising. See NASA Advertising Guidelines.

If the NASA material is to be used for commercial purposes, especially including advertisements, it must not explicitly or implicitly convey NASA's endorsement of commercial goods or services. If a NASA image includes an identifiable person, using the image for commercial purposes may infringe that person's right of privacy or publicity, and permission should be obtained from the person. Any questions regarding application of any NASA image or emblem should be directed to:

Photo Department
NASA Headquarters

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 16:55 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 17:15
here is the link if any one is intrested.

http://www.nasa.gov/audience/formedia/features/MP_Photo_Guidelines.html

So if you use Nasa as a resource you have to put "in corperation with NASA" on your game, and you can't sell any of the nasa content. So you have to make your game free to download, and maybe nonprofit.

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 18:09 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 18:13
Huh? That's not what the license says:

Quote: "If the NASA material is to be used for commercial purposes, especially including advertisements, it must not explicitly or implicitly convey NASA's endorsement of commercial goods or services. If a NASA image includes an identifiable person, using the image for commercial purposes may infringe that person's right of privacy or publicity, and permission should be obtained from the person. Any questions regarding application of any NASA image or emblem should be directed to:"

This clearly says you can use it but you can't use NASA's name to convey endorsement. If you said "in cooperation with NASA", that would be an endorsement and is not allowed under free or commercial use.

Also, you can almost certainly sell the content as you see fit. The content is not copyrighted, that means it's free to use however you want. NASA as an organization is, however, a trademark so you can only use their name in ways that they agree to let you.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 19:46
Thanks for clarifing that for me sorry about the mispost. So Yes NASA web site is a good resource.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:20:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 01:20:20