Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Updates

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 18:45
Hey.

I wanted to ask about updates in AGK. It seems that minor updates are free, and big updates are paid? If yes, how much do you often have to pay for big updates?

Thanks.

http://www.kamacdev.wordpress.com ~ My developer blog, mind paying a visit ?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 18:53
There haven't been any large updates yet so I believe no-one knows yet.

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 19:03 Edited at: 24th Jan 2012 19:04
Well, maybe one of the developers/directors could speak of it here

http://www.kamacdev.wordpress.com ~ My developer blog, mind paying a visit ?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 19:12 Edited at: 24th Jan 2012 19:13
They haven't finished version 1, let alone the next major update! They're probably months and months off even considering pricing for the paid updates.

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 19:26
I'm not sure about this but I think the plan is once per year. The upgrade cost is supposed to be quite affordable, but nobody knows how much. We are getting some very interesting updates for free though. Android support was recently added. Next update will bring http and AdMob commands among other things.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 01:06
We've also added Playbook platform and are working on a browser platform which is also planned to be a free update, so we're not looking to talk major upgrade at this stage. We want to continue expanding AppGameKit to a size we as a community are happy with. We only released back in August 2011 so my guess is that you are looking at another 7 months of free stuff before we even sit down and utter the world major upgrade within the team. I would also stress that major upgrades are not mandatory, and will be designed to offer a bulk of new features so you're getting something solid for your heavily discounted upgrade fee. Put it this way, we're not going to change the colour of the IDE, add an extra button and then charge you twice

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playbook + browser support for FREE!!!! What are you waiting for, just buy AppGameKit NOW!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 03:30:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 03:30:49