Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Actionmaze - Motivation, Inspiration, Help!

Author
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Been sitting with this Game maker,Level editor,Game etc.. for some weeks and need some motivation and idears.

Its a tile ( tile size can be any size ) based game, that include a "autohide toolbar" editor/game maker. so you play your own games and design them while you play.
Your able to load/save your games and share them with your friends (load/save levels on the internet).

Well actually it only work locally now, i need some code to make the sharing work on the internet.
( biggest problem is that AppGameKit cant run in 16 bit color mode ) , but i made another server app, but are trying to figure out how AppGameKit netcommands are working.

My internet server app. is actually just a forwarder. ALL clients connect to the internet server ( and if they are in the same group, it looks like they are locally connected, thats the idea ), and packets are forwarded to the people in the same group.

I got code working for ( AppGameKit net commands ) 7 Poll. 6 Disconnect. 14 Connect ( and are able to get AppGameKit connected ).
What im missing is command 5, data packets. when i recieve a 5 and forward it to another AppGameKit client, the message is currupted, so i expect that the format is different when you forward the packet to another client ?

Anyone know how to solve that ?

TGC: Would it be possible to get the "format" of the command 5 packet type ?

Idears: What is missing in a game/editor like this ?

Anyone got some free to use 64x64 tiles that would work great in a game like this ?

Inspirations: Anyone got a idear for a tile based level ?, how should the physics be used, or other stuff ?

Video: cant record the mouse pointer so.. but will show you how to make a level.

Thanks for your help!

best regards Preben Eriksen,
Greg_C
Years of Service
User Offline
Not to sure how to go about this but maybe you could do something where people create puzzles with some type of victory condition. for instance once you pick up all the yellow dots, or get from point A to point B. Then once they have created the maze have an end condition and can meet that condition they will be able to save it and that will allow other people to play it that have the game. Then you could put in a rating system so you can weed out the poorly which will also make people want to be the top rated level(maybe). So there would be two modes, play the mazes or make them. You would have to have some pre-made ones but could be fun.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Greg_C: Thanks and yes there will be some victory conditions, actually you will be able to define "doors to open" after x eaten dots, and you will be able to complete a level by entering a special point. Thanks for your help

All the net stuff has been fixed and are now running on the internet no help needed here.

But i still could use some idears

best regards Preben Eriksen,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 04:08:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 04:08:46