Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Player Service

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 17:48 Edited at: 30th Jan 2012 17:48
This service will enable you to install the AppGameKit Player on your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod) OS 3.2 or above. The product price does not include the $99 you will need to pay directly to Apple to purchase the iOS developer account.

You can purchase the service now by visiting the following link:http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2310

We created this service to allow those users who want the best experience on iOS devices to obtain their very own build of the AppGameKit Player. Due to Apple rules, we can only distribute the free AppGameKit Viewer through the App Store which avoids running code directly on the device. In order to run the AppGameKit Player you would normally need a Mac to build the app from the source code you get with AGK. As this can be time consuming, we have simplified the process and a dedicated member of the TGC team will build the AppGameKit Player for you. You will still need to purchase the $99 developer account directly from Apple when registering, but this will come in handy later when you decide to sell your finished app on the Apple App Store.

For any specific questions about the service procedure, you can email the dedicated support email at agkplayer@gmail.com or for general discussion you are welcome to post questions here.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Well done $25 is a really exceptional price for this service
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 18:01
Thanks Lee! That's great news.

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 05:20
thanks. TGC are the best.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 17:28
just to be clear on how this works....

1)i pay apple for a developer licence
2)i pay 25 for you guys to compile me a player for my devices.
3)this is where im lost....

Does this player run any creation i make with agk?
Does this player service need to be purchased once a year or will it always work as long as i pay the yearly fee to apple?

How does the player get installed on an ios device? with itunes?? as i thought that was the only method?

Cool these are all the questions i have at the moment....just deciding if now is the time for me to do this or not and if i need to continualy purchase this each year.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
you pay £25 once. you drag the player.ipa file they send you into itunes and sync it with your device once.

your games will be transferred from your pc to your player on the ios hardware through your wireless network connection.

seriously £25 is too cheap for all the work and setup involved.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 09:00
Quote: "seriously £25 is too cheap for all the work and setup involved. "

FYI i wasnt complaining..... was just curious how it worked...

Cool i will try to save up some more next weekend to get this and the developer license.

DazzyF
Years of Service
User Offline
OOH, think I will be buying this on payday

www.dazzyscds.co.uk
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 11:00
I'm confused. I know all the variables and stuff that stopped the player from being disturbed via iTunes etc.

But isn't 25usd (a lot of money for me) a bit steep as we bought the software under the promise and impression that we would be able to use the player free of charge?

Regards,

Max
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 11:13
$25? It's £25, that's like $45 !

I compiled the player myself yesterday, it's way easier than compiling the android player.

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 12:30
Hmm, where are you looking? For me it says:

Price: $25.00 €19.99 £15.99

Regards,

Max
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 15:31
oh, I assumed it was 25, haha, ok I stand corrected.

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 18:22
If you have a Mac and Xcode and an Apple iOS developer license ($99, required to publish with Apple), you can compile your own Player.

The IDE/apps/interpreter_ios as originally delivered is actually the Player.

Open the Xcode project and set it up to use your licenses, compile and run with your iOS device attached via the iTunes cable.

Once you've done that, you don't need to do it again.

Remember to comment out the "#define STANDALONE" line in IDE/apps/interpreter/interpreter.h (if you added it), or recomment the "strcpy ( g_pInterpreterByteCodeFile, "bytecode.byc" );" line under "#ifdef AGKIOS" in IDE/apps/interpreter/interpreter.cpp before you build. Otherwise it will be looking for the bytecode file.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
JORGEMAL
Years of Service
User Offline
I am about to purchase the AppGameKit Player but I have a question. Please explain to me what the following text in the AppGameKit Player Service page means (I am not familiar with the iOS platform):

"With this service, you are also entitled to one additional round of device additions after the initial installation is complete."

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2012 22:18
Quote: ""With this service, you are also entitled to one additional round of device additions after the initial installation is complete.""

Im guessing, that this is because the only reason to enable you to install an app to a non jailbroken device is by giving it a special device ID, it will only be able to install to the device with that ID.

However, what this statment says, is that if you upgrade (buy a new one) your device, you will be able to get a new IAP without paying for the service again. This is just me guessing, im not that familiar with iOs devices though.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 11:41
Seems like it would be better to just use a Jailbroken device to test on.

I enjoy food quite a lot.
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it me or does the AppGameKit Player doesn't work with Ads?

I'm able to run it on my PC no problem, but whenever I display ad on AppGameKit Player..it will start up with a blank screen and it it shut down?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2012 22:27
Since you are talking about a Player, I assume you are working in Tier 1 and broadcasting from the AppGameKit IDE.

I just tested an app that uses the inneractive ad and it worked fine in the Player on both an Android 4.1.2 and Android 3.2.1 device.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2012 01:37
It should work, and might be the ads are not being served every time to the iOS app. In V108 we have added support for AdMob which is a more popular method of generating ad revenue on the iOS platform so watch out for that during the update.

Hogging the awesome since 1999
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2012 11:02
I found that AdMob only produced an advert every now and then on iOS although the commands were working. I wouldn't expect to see one every time.

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have an android 2.3 OS phone and adding ads on it doesn't show up via AppGameKit Player using tier 1. It'll show up with blank screen and then disappear.

The ad display fine on my PC and running the .apk file on my android 2.3 os phone.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2012 21:48 Edited at: 17th Oct 2012 21:51
You might be working with a bad player. I just posted a link to a page with freshly built v1076 and v1082 Android players in this thread.

I just tested the v1076 player with an app that displays the InnerActive ad just fine.

EDIT: And I just managed to test the same app built in v1082 and run on my v1082 Android Player. The ad displayed as well.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks that did the trick!

The agk player that I've downloaded came directly from the google play market last two weeks ago. I guess the google play market doesn't have the latest version?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2012 23:12
The Google Play Market hasn't had the latest version since before v107. And people have been having problems with the one in the 'My Products' TGC download page.

We are promised a new v108x one on that page sometime in the near future.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Gibbon28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2012 14:43
HI, im a little confused to what the difference between this player and the free player downloadable from the app store is?

Thanks
Andy
Pawprints
Years of Service
User Offline
I could be wrong on this but the difference is this (for iOs)

The player will run your game directly on the device so what you see is what you'll get. You will need an apple dev account to use this but it's worth it in my opinion.

The viewer (allowed and downloadable on the appstore) is just that a viewer and it beams the video from the PC and then displays it on your i device. This means you can't run at full speed and at full resolutions and often have to resort to beaming the video at low res. You can't gauge how your game actually runs or if it's going to struggle on the hardware (too many sprites perhaps....). There is I believe also a lag so controls won't be as responsive and you may not get a true feeling for how your game plays. But.... this option is free and saves joining the apple developer program.

I'm not sure where you stand on the service, I believe you can have 2 players built?... With the new updates (hopefully) coming regularly it can be tricky to get the timing right as you need a new player every time AppGameKit is updated (or at least most of the time).

If it's not broken don't keep trying to fix it.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2012 20:13
The free Android from the app store is nowhere near up to date. It doesn't support v1076, definitely not v1082.

For iOS, you need to build your own Player. The one in the Apple App store is a Viewer, not a player. It is really not good for testing, since it only echos what is happening on the PC, not actually running the game.

Once you build your own iOS Player using a Mac and Xcode, you can upload it to your iOS devices and then broadcast from the AppGameKit IDE to it. And, since you will need a Mac, Xcode and an Apple iOS Developer License, to create Tier 1 apps for publication, you will be able to test directly on your iOS device. Once an app is run on a device connected to your Mac (run from Xcode), it stays on your device and it can be run whenever you want (without being connected to anything).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
DazzyF
Years of Service
User Offline
I am wondering, would I still need a mac to publish my apps if I purchase this? Or do I still need a Mac to upload etc?

Thanks.

www.dazzyscds.co.uk
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 21:53
According to the Apple Mac Developer's license, if you want to produce for a Mac, you must build the final product on a Mac using Xcode.

There is no such language in the Apple iOS Developer's license.

In either case, this thread is about a Player service only. You need to be able to build your final iOS project that runs on its own without a Player. These are two different things.

TGC is not offering to create the final iOS product for publication.

I don't know of any service that will build an iOS product using your Apple iOS Developer certificate(s).

So, I think the answer is yes, you still need a Mac (the Mac Mini is a good choice, if you have a monitor, mouse and keyboard to add to it.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 12:54:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 12:54:10