Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / bug? or not supported?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2012 03:42 Edited at: 6th Mar 2012 03:44
i have a windows 7 tablet EeePc and it seems not to register the tilt of my device.

Is this a bug or not supported yet?... works with ipod but not tablet with windows 7...

I know my pc has this capability as it flips the screen to the way you are holding it.

Specs: Asus EeePc Slate Tablet quad core running windows 7

edit:would make it easier for game developement with this supported on my windows 7 tablet.

MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2012 04:22 Edited at: 6th Mar 2012 04:24
I think it's not yet supported. Actually i think your app is running on your tablet as it should run on a normal PC (and a normal PC doesn't have accelerometer/gyroscope/ etc ... :p only Mac books have theses capabilities to prevent Hard drive shocks and lock it before .. and it's reusable (an API exists) for funny stuffs but moving a MBP like a wiimote is not really easy :p ).

sooooo, I think space movements are not yet supported in the windows "PC classic" AppGameKit Player (but i could be wrong).
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you played around with different commands? Does GetAccelerometerExists() work for instance? Or possibly the GetRawAccelX() commands rather than just the GetDirectionX() commands. It certainly looks like there are options for it to work, but as I don't have a windows tablet device, have never tested them out.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2012 05:16
Yeah it returns that it doesnt exist.....but like i said i know that my device has some form of one. It seems to know how your holding the device and flips your screen.

The virtual joystick works perfectly with the touch screen....its like having a huge arcade joystick...lol but i love it!

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Perhaps when windows phone support is included it, may have more chance of being compatible then. The virtual joystick works ok on phones (apart from screen estate issues) so a big tablet would be even better!

MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2012 20:20
A finger touch on a windows tablet is interpreted by windows as a left mouse click. That's why virtual joystick works on it as it works on a normal PC with the mouse cursor
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2012 02:34
humm im gunna need to test this now....are you saying it will not work for having virtual buttons on the screen at the same time? I hope this is not the case.....or development for my tablet will hault. I will test now to see if multiple touch is possible with windows 7 tablet.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2012 02:47 Edited at: 7th Mar 2012 07:34
Damit! Yup development on my Tablet windows 7 is now haulted....

will we see support for this in the future and when?

Without this it makes it more difficult for testing and takes the fun out of trying to make something cool for my tablet.

Is this only supported on ipod/iphone/ipad?
I realy want to make something on windows 7 pc using the touch screen features....including using the accelerometer with windows 7 tablets

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 21:20:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 21:20:13