Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit1028 to AppGameKit1065 problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi AGK/others,

I have a game I've been working on that works perfectly fine in 1028 however I thought I'd upgrade to 1065 to use the AppGameKit Player feature which doesnt work in 1028. I was able to get the player working after installing 1065, however the game doesnt work correctly as it did in 1028.

- Sprites which I had aligned are no longer aligned. (I have fixed after code changes)
- Click and drag isn't working anymore. (can't work it out so far)

I have a feeling it's something that's been brought into 1065 which I'm no longer coding correctly or didn't very well in 1028. I feel its one of the existing functions which have changed.

Instead of copying and pasting everything I've just done some of the key functions of each in the hope someone has some across the same problem when upgrading.:

Main functions in click and drag, however not full code:
Quote: "
hit = getSpriteHitTest(spr, getPointerX(), getPointerY())

cX = getPointerX()
cY = getPointerY()
setSpritePosition(picked,getSpriteX(spr) + cX - pX,getSpriteY(spr) + cY - pY)"

Sprite alignment:
I've been able to get the alignment to work by changing existing code, however couldn't understand why it would change from one version to the next.

It wouldn't surprise me if I've written/used a function the wrong way.

I've downgraded from 1065 back to 1028 and the game is working fine again without any need for code changes.

Grant
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2012 13:00
Quote: "setSpritePosition(picked,getSpriteX(spr) + cX - pX,getSpriteY(spr) + cY - pY)"

Should this be...?
setSpritePosition(hit,getSpriteX(spr) + cX - pX,getSpriteY(spr) + cY - pY)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 17:25:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 17:25:53