Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Compiler,need admin status

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2012 05:24 Edited at: 8th Mar 2012 06:47
Hello People

If someone can help me out that would be very nice,i am using the trial of AppGameKit,i am not a programmer although i own Darkbasic classic and DarkBasicpro and decided to have a look at AppGameKit,so download it and fine, but now everytime i want to compile my simple codes of hello world it tells me that the compiler need administrator rights.
No problem,changed the compiler to have administrator rights directly (compartibility), still it tells me the same,restarted,deinstalled,make the same again run as admin,still it dosnt work.

But the funny thing is that when i load the exemples.workspace and run for exemple the space shooter,it tells me it has to be compiled,when i say yes,it compiles the game and run it, but my simple hello world need admin rights? whats going on?

I found a thread here were a guy had the same problem but there was no answer for me,cause i already changed to run as admin,both,compiler and agk and the thread was closes due to much time without replys.

If someone could help me here that would be very nice cause till now i cant do a thing in this program other then load the exemples and i am very interested in this program but it welcomes me very bad :\

Another question if i may ask: Why does AppGameKit after i load the exemples always start the first exemple ( Smack it ) or the one i started, even if i quit it from the window? even if am using another window with my own code? is it supposed to be like that?
that it ignores the active code-windows and compile what he want just because the projects were loaded?!?

Edited: Btw,Here is the thread and i am having exactly the same problem

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=189551&b=41

Specs: Windows 7 home premium - service pack 1

Thanks in advance

Edit II : Maybe this was the wrong place to ask,if thats the case,sorry my bad.

Animals
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2012 08:20
The compilation process create several temp files. If you choose a project directory where you don't have rights OR if you choose a system directory (like "Program Files") OR if you have installed AppGameKit with a limited user, OR if you have installed AppGameKit (as an admin) in a specific directory where you don't have rights as a user, it will ask you to elevate to admin to write temp files.

Maybe there are other cases ...
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2012 08:27 Edited at: 8th Mar 2012 08:27
for your second question, you have to select the active project to run on the left project treeview (must be bolded) before launch. AppGameKit ignores the top tab menu file selector (where opened files are displayed) to know the active project. Only in the left project tree.
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2012 11:06
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2012 13:07
Another issue you must to take into account... If the path's project (includes the media subfolder) is longer than 255 characters, AppGameKit will not be able to broadcast
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2012 16:30
I would suggest turning of UAC completley. You will never have to worry about these kinds of problems again

To do it, search for UAC, press User account controll settings or something and then set it to the lower levels...
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2012 23:51 Edited at: 8th Mar 2012 23:52
Turning off UAC is a very bad idea ...... any program will be able to write to your system files, your registry etc... without any warning. And it's possible that the Internet explorer "protected mode" will be unavailable too in some cases (very dangerous).
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 09:45
I've had UAC turned off since the first day Vista came out and I never get nkjlaoa 0-i(&*(£jnkj;n(*
------------------------------------------------------------------
# dumpadm
Dump content: kernel pages
Dump device: /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3 (swap)
Savecore directory: /var/crash/testbox
Savecore enabled: yes

Greenster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 10:27
The right thing to do is for TGC to use a UAC friendly manifest which in-turn gives all child processes the same security token..

End-users shouldn't have to deal with UAC more than clicking yes on one prompt.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 10:37
I agree, does anyone know if this has been logged as a bug?

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 12:51
I have had UAC turned off for 4 years and have not had a single problem yet
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 13:01
I have no antivirus since several years. this doesn't mean that I will recommend you to disable or uninstall it ...

Keep in mind that some people are not experts ...
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 15:08 Edited at: 9th Mar 2012 15:08
I use UAC and I also use DBP and AppGameKit (just move it to an unprotected directory).

If you think UAC "doesn't actually protect you", configure it properly and make it require a password. Don't go the other way and remove your security altogether.

It's like if you had a car with remote unlock, but because haxxors could get into it by taking your key's wireless signal, you remove the lock altogether!

MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 17:22
Totally agree with The President :p
Greenster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 10:08
I agree that random processes should have access to everything, because clicking "yes" is too much work..

It's 99% of the security, as with chmod on open source operating systems..

This is an easy fix..just embed a manifest to run as admin. There are even tools for end-users to fix this..
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 17:14 Edited at: 10th Mar 2012 17:24
Thanks for the quick replys but actually i still have the same problem :\.
-I desinstalled and changed the folder,just C and name but it dont work. - UAC is turn off,down to the fullest, admin status has the agk but it keep tellin me the same thing "Compiler can not write to folder because it needs administrator level priviliges".
Well thx people i think i have to contact maybe the support,this is something i really dont understand, i even turned for c all the security down,right mouse click and all privileges etc but it tells me the same, i never have never had this problem with other products no matter what kind so am really a little lost here but really thx to all for the heelp !!!

Animals
Greenster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 22:07
you need to do it for all users. properties>compatibility[button:change settings for all users]>check run as administrator>apply>ok

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 13:47:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 13:47:05