Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / New Install Run Time Crashes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everybody. Im having problems with a functioning installation of the AppGameKit software. I can install the program, load all the examples and I can compile them. However, when I run them, I get a run time error ("Cloning.exe has stopped working"). The program does not even run. At times it successfully broadcasts to other devices. AppGameKit is installed now in the default directory c:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators. I previously tried to install on my D drive.

The compile log states:
Executing: "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK\Projects\Basic\Examples\Sprites\Cloning\Cloning.exe" (in C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK\Projects\Basic\Examples\Sprites\Cloning\.)
Process terminated with status 255 (0 minutes, 6 seconds)

I have reinstalled several times with all other software off during the installation as well as when running AGK. I can get it to run just fine on another computer.

Can somebody please help? I paid my money for this program and can't use it on my own computer.

Perhaps a "Game Creators" staff member could even help me. Im excited about the program and wish to use it.

Doc in a box
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2012 00:34
Try turning UAC off via control panel and/or running AppGameKit as an admin (propterties -> compatibility -> run as administrator).

Andrew S
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for you quick response. I tried doing your suggestions which I believe I also tried before. No luck. Same error

Doc in a box
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2012 07:35
It might be your anti virus. My AV issues a warning whenever I try to run a newly compiled program. Other AVs may be more strict however.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 18:14
It could be a problem with Data Execution Prevention, although I have that turned on and haven't had any troubles. You can find the settings for DEP (in Windows 7) if you right click My Computer, choose Properties, click Advanced System Settings, then in the "Performance" section click Settings, there should be a tab for Data Execution Prevention, which by default should be for Windows services only.

I have mine set to all programs and haven't had any trouble with AppGameKit, but it's something to test. I've found when a program crashes due to DEP it just crashes without telling you DEP is the cause.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 19:54:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 19:54:03