Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Wrapper for .NET

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 14:16
Hello,

Do you have plans to extend this project (http://agkwrapper.codeplex.com/ - AppGameKit Wrapper for .Net) to be able to develop for all platforms (not only for Windows)?

Can not think of more powerful and quick tool like a combination of VS2010 + C# + ReSharper + AGK.Net!

Regards,
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2012 14:34
This was a community made wrapper that may be worked on at some point but it is provided by TGC "as is" and with no support or future plans. The code can be downloaded and added to from the location you have linked.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i thought it was an official tgc thing
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2012 17:39
From the "README":
Quote: "
-----
Disclaimer
-----
Please note that this is a community add-on to AGK. It is not guaranteed to be kept up-to-date or to function correctly. In either case, fixes should be trivial and you can use the above link to do them yourself.
"

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2012 20:49
How do you know it works with eclipes and xcode.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps.
Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase.
Veterian for the military.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2012 05:50 Edited at: 16th Mar 2012 05:52
Unfortunately at the moment the wrapper contains code that is specific to Windows, but that could be stripped out - the real problem is that the only version of the CLR that supports direct native interop using C++/CLI is Microsoft's, and even then only the full version available on Windows (not the reduced frameworks on Windows Phone and Xbox 360).

I did some research while developing the wrapper to see if I could get it to work in Mono but was disappointed to find that Mono doesn't support the mixed-mode assemblies. That almost led me to drop the whole thing as I was rather disheartened, but I was getting a little tired of not finishing anything

EDIT: Since that was a little technical, to clarify, as-is it is highly unlikely this wrapper will ever be able to support other platforms. Something like standard P/Invoke might be possible with Mono, but I haven't had the time to look into an alternative solution.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2012 08:55
I have two projects this wrapper might be useful for. I'll let you know how I get on.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2012 09:19 Edited at: 16th Mar 2012 09:28
Too bad this is one reson why Microsoft is not doing so well. is because often c# when this program came out only Microsoft supported c# making it very limited too what it can do. The only thing I see c# doing right know is xbox games because, xcode and eclipse right know is more popular for creating apps that could also beenn handled by c#

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps.
Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase.
Veterian for the military.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 14:17:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 14:17:22