Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / iOS Crashing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2012 23:24
Can anyone with a new iOS device test out their code? I downloaded a demo of my app onto a iPad 3 and it crashed when this code was ran.

Obviously this code won't work if pasted into a new project, but it might be reproducible on other systems. Or by downloading the Lite version of my Water app.

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2012 16:49
As a few of us have discovered, using sub-directories under the media directory causes problems.

Have you tried putting your images directly in the media directory and dropping 'gui/congrats/' from the file name?

Also, is there a default image loaded as 40 before this function is called? If not, and 'if floor(tIndex) <> floor(congratsBGIndex)' evaluates to false, there is no image to create the sprite from.

And, did you make sure to add all the images to the Resources in your XCode project?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2012 18:44
Yes to all of your answers. Well, except for using subfolders.
I refuse to throw ALL of my files into one, unorganized directory.

Anyway, the reason I ask is because the code works perfectly on my 3GS - and it works fine on the iPhone 4 - but with the new iPhone 4S and iPad3 now, it crashes.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2012 18:59
Blame it on Apple.

Maybe Xcode hasn't been updated to handle the newer stuff? (And I mean by Apple, not you.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I use sub directories under sub directories and I don't have problems

on iOS AppGameKit automatically ignores sub directories
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:31
If anyone can reproduce this in code and provide a step by step for us, you can post it here http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/list. We can then take a closer look for a forthcoming update.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2012 09:16
Quote: "If anyone can reproduce this in code and provide a step by step for us, you can post it here http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/list. We can then take a closer look for a forthcoming update."

I'll post it over to Google Code sometime this week. I think it's a problem with the new iOS devices (4S and iPad 3). This could mean that it's a bug with iOS, not AGK. I've gotten and witnessed first-hand my app crashing on this congratulations screen, and when my app loads a new level. But only on new devices. My apps work perfectly on my iPhone 3GS, no crashing, no nada.

Perhaps it something to do with the texture loading on AGK's side?

(That just reminded me of another bug I need to post to Google Code.)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 13:48:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 13:48:21