Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Catathrenia

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2012 02:07 Edited at: 30th Mar 2012 02:09

Developer: Wolf

FPSC Version: eX Nine

This is my mini-project following me through my six months of extreme working hours

Plot-Summary

Jacob Craven is trying to keep his frayed life from unraveling. His days are increasingly being invaded by his nightmares which manifest into the dark corners of his existence. Beings incarnating nothing but his fears. Although he tried to escape for years, a strange outlandish being finds and contacts him every night in his dreams showing him uncomprehensible images and messages. Although a new clue about the remains of his long-lost equally troubled sister allows him to hold on to a last beacon of sanity, the line between reality and delusion is steadily growing more and more uncertain.

Read this letter to get a grip of the games storyline and tone:

Quote: "
My dearest sister,

It has been too long since I ever saw you for me to remember your face...time left nothing more
than a ghostly shadow of your face on the only photograph I have... maybe I'm just too old now to remember.
I'snt that what being old is all about? Slowly fading out like your memories.

I used to deny it for years... run from it as it grew stronger. The dreams.
It is save to say that I saw every single part of the world. Russia, China, the states...
All of them drenched in the dark shadows of my nightmares. Our Nightmares.
You see... Samantha... typing down your name almost made be burst out in tears. Strange... I felt so empty for
so many years. You where strong enough to admit your nightmares...to talk about them as they started to slowly
manifest in your daily life...as they started to stare at you whenver you looked in a mirror or your reflection in
a puddle of water. Thats why they locked you up...they told me you where dead. Died in a carcrash on a schooltrip I later
found out never happened.

Nobody will ever read this letter... All hope is gone. The only reason for me to take this last step is the sheer fear to face
my dreams without waking up. To be trapped in them forever. I am too old now for running. I ran 30 years. Odd! How the intensity of
my dreams just decreased depending on how much I moved.

I think it has troubles finding me, connecting with me whenever I keep moving. It is getting impatient and more agressive...the dreams get more intense, they start to show up as shadows in the corner, as reflections in the buildings and I am not the only one sensing them. It is getting worse. It keeps talking to me silently showing me these pitchblack images of impossible geometry and I can feel its
terrible loneliness and I can see its eyes... I can see an eternity of waiting. If I only could understand its demands...
You see, my beloved sister, I don't think it wants to harm me... its being is just too powerful for my weak soul... these dreams are just becoming so real because... my head is so full I sometimes can barely understand my own thoughts.

Mother died last year...that is how I found out about your past...your real past. They locked you away in this 3rd class mental hospital. Almost no documents where left, no adresses, no phone numbers. Only a card where all relevant information has been burned away. New Hope Mental Asylum. It took me a few months to find it. Almost no records have been left of this asylum... the only somewhat relevant information was on a hobbyphotographers website.. some clam who takes pictures of abandoned places. He refers to his gallery as "in the mouth of sadness" and claims the "air" in the hospital to be so dreadfully hostile... that there is some unnatural presence there that he only took a few pictures of the entrance hall and didn't dare to venture any further. Oddly enough, the place closed down due to a fire shortly after you died. Oddly enough, there are no traces of firedamage on the pictures on the website.
The author claimed to return to the building at daytime...his webblog hasn't been updated since. At least I got a location now.

All I hope for is to find any sort of clue from you that might help me end this nightmare... how I doubt it. Isn't this just the last resort of a dying man? What is left in such an asylum after 30 years of decay? I hope more than there is left of me.
"

Screenshots:

Current Budget:

(this includes no content I already had, only media strictly bought for catathrenia)

Gameplay:

This isn't a horror game. More of a mystery adventure. I settle more for a dence and dreadful mood than flatout scaring you like in former titles. The gameplay revolves around finding clues about your sister while wandering between dream and reality. I like to call this "bipolar" gameplay as it has 2 completely different sides in the same game. Also the puzzles will work that way later on in the game. 2 choices, you do either get rewareded or badly punished for your action. No in-betweens.

This has slow adventure gameplay in the real world and more fastpaced "condemned" like gameplay in the dreamstates.

Trivia:

The focus of this project lies on how low I can keep the memory cap. Most levels only use 1300 to 1500 Megabyte. I chose an abandoned asylum as those abandoned buildings have little furniture left. So I can do most athmosphere with the textures and the lightmapping instead of cramming it up with stuff. It also features a lot of selfmade models...but not that much, its a miniproject, lets keep it lazy.

Another interesting note is that you can choose between full postprocessing, simplified postprocessing and black and white postprocessing in the final game I think thats a nice touch.

This game has custom characters.

Also, if you ever wanted to see a running tub in FPSC:

If not, now you saw it anyway.

Rise and shine, Community.
Rise and shine.
Not that I wish to deny that I have been sleeping on.. the job.
No-one is more deserving of a rest.
And all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until... well, let's just say my hour has come again. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
So, wake up, Community. Wake up and ...leave some feedback.

-Wolf

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Pretty good stuff. Glad to see you stay consistent with your style from game to game. I hope everything works out for you on this project.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 30th Mar 2012 02:40
Aaah, the Wolf Returns!

The lighting, as usual, is astounding. Nice work! Would you consider making this a "point and click" kind of game. As that would be awesome for the atmosphere that you have created. Nice work Wolf!!!

If you would be up for it, I could do some UI artwork for you?

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2012 02:58
really liking that second-to-last screen. it looks like a real place albeit non abandoned, however most scenes with lights on won't look very abandoned so don't worry about it.

I give this game 2 "gaaaahs" and an "oh brother."

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2012 03:11
While it's good, it looks quite a bit like Euthanasia. I realize it's your style, but it's barely a change.

Cheesehead for life.
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2012 03:11
Sounds a bit like Dear Esther meets Clive Barker's Undying.

I'll be following this with interest.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2012 10:41
Quote: "Sounds a bit like Dear Esther meets Clive Barker's Undying."

with little mix of stalker atmosphere.

so this is the little side-project for fpsc you talked about? very nice. but i have to say that ... how you wrote the story-letter ... i dont think that this will stay a little project simply because i think you like the story and beginning very much. i am sure you will do more on this than intended now.^^

bon voyage inside this, wolf. have fun.

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2012 15:09
Ooh. Very nice.
I see you're not getting rusty at this.
Great work so far.

Insanity is doing the same thing everyday, same job, same route, same people and thinking 'Today will be different', thinking that over and over again. But not doing anything different.
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2012 21:24
Nice work!

Also, if you ever wanted to see a running tub in FPSC:
If not, now you saw it anyway.
"

You`re not the only one having one. However I admit, I created mine out of modified metro theatre assets.

Come to where the madness is:http://www.homegrowngames.at
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2012 01:09
Quote: "Pretty good stuff. Glad to see you stay consistent with your style from game to game. I hope everything works out for you on this project.
"

Quote: "While it's good, it looks quite a bit like Euthanasia. I realize it's your style, but it's barely a change."

Yes, guilty as charged I wanted to pull off another title in this style before putting it at acta. While it visually looks like Euthanasia. The levels make a lot more sense in consistency and realism. The architecture is also more complex. We all know "Euthanasia" was very...monotone in terms of creativity.

Quote: "Nice work! Would you consider making this a "point and click" kind of game. As that would be awesome for the atmosphere that you have created. Nice work Wolf!!!

If you would be up for it, I could do some UI artwork for you?"

Thank you! While your offer is very generous I must decline it. This would be a bit too much for this project, I try to keep it simple:

The controls for adventure stuff: (Q) no (E) yes.

That means pressing (Q) lets you close/throw away/interrupt something while (E) is there to use, read, investigate and pick up stuff.

Quote: "so this is the little side-project for fpsc you talked about?"

Indeed!

Quote: "but i have to say that ... how you wrote the story-letter ... i dont think that this will stay a little project simply because i think you like the story and beginning very much. i am sure you will do more on this than intended now.^^"

We will see! I still got time until septembre

Quote: "bon voyage inside this, wolf. have fun."

Merci! Will do

You`re not the only one having one. However I admit, I created mine out of modified metro theatre assets."

I figured you would have tampered with that Mine too.

Quote: "really liking that second-to-last screen. it looks like a real place albeit non abandoned, however most scenes with lights on won't look very abandoned so don't worry about it. "

Well, you do power up the generator in the second level
Thank you!

-Wolf

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 03:14

There is also a lot of gruesome stuff in this game so don't let your kids play it if they are under the age of 14 ... if you do you should get your head examined.

-Wolf

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 03:18
Your like the lovecraft of gore.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 22:59
Well thanks! Actually I just put a lot of modelpack things into things and ...the result looks rather disturbing.

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2012 15:45 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2012 15:46
I can't say anything but why don't you named Catathrenia to Catherine hehe.

Your design,lighting and concept is VBOTB and I can't critic anymore.Anyway,nice corpse you make there hehe.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2012 16:38
Whats up with the Gman thing in your first post? xD

Looks awesome as always,I have always wanted to play an awesome looking game without scaring and stuff. So far no comments.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 01:44 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2012 01:45
Quote: "Whats up with the Gman thing in your first post?"

What isn't with it? Gman is the man, second only to Gordon Freeman of course. Now HE is the man.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 02:51
Again amazing job Wolf, can't wait to see more screens.
Also I'm interested in Relict progress, have you done anything new? I'm also realy interested in your UDK work 'cause i'm also learning it , maybe you saw few screens of mine

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2012 01:32
Quote: "why don't you named Catathrenia to Catherine hehe.
"

Catathrenia is a sleeping disorder which fits the games storyline

Quote: "Your design,lighting and concept is VBOTB and I can't critic anymore"

Thanks!

Quote: "Whats up with the Gman thing in your first post? xD
"

I found it funny

Quote: "Again amazing job Wolf, can't wait to see more screens."

Thanks! Lets hope I'll deliver a game again aswell...its been too long since my last release.

Quote: "Also I'm interested in Relict progress, have you done anything new? I'm also realy interested in your UDK work 'cause i'm also learning it , maybe you saw few screens of mine
"

yes, I posted in your thread Impressive work

well, whats up with it? hard to tell as I do really not have the time to work on it for another 4 months. I'm playing with the thought of actually pumping money in the project, maybe hire folks to work on it with me and get a larger release...but those are just thoughts now.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2012 01:45 Edited at: 5th Apr 2012 01:47
Quote: "yes, I posted in your thread Impressive work

well, whats up with it? hard to tell as I do really not have the time to work on it for another 4 months. I'm playing with the thought of actually pumping money in the project, maybe hire folks to work on it with me and get a larger release...but those are just thoughts now."

Thanks, I really appreciate to recieve good comment from you

That's sad to hear, but it will be probably better, you know what is the best for the game. If you plan to hire some guys, when you will be hiring them, because if that will be in 4 months I will be glad to work on Relict or whatever will be that and future games. I have a lot to learn in future months and if you find my work looking good just contact me. I know that chances are not big because now i'm just beginner, but who knows what can happen in these coming months?

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2012 00:59
Well, I will be gathering a team in this time (around september), so if you would like to be on it, E-Mail me or something

But lets keep UDK in our UDK threads

-Wolf

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2012 04:14 Edited at: 9th Apr 2012 04:15

I've had another full 2 hours this evening for Catathrenia. Well, its save to say that the final game won't blow anyones mind, but it will run solid and deliver some good mood and fun.

I also managed to get a good shader for my Weapons done. However, some firearms will get a different shader later on.

I made some images but I barely got myself around mapdesign. So yes! No big fat imageblocks like in the Shavra-Dead Frequency thread I will get back on Shavra btw. big thanks to Bugsy! He has gotten some gears going in my head that should allow me to get the thing working now in 1.19

There are no more artifacts of the normalmapping or overshaded specular highlights on that book anymore. I spiced up the texture aswell because thats how I roll.

-Wolf

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2012 05:01
it looks awesome, you are a true master of level design

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 04:32
Quote: "it looks awesome, you are a true master of level design"

Thanks Brendy! ...but to be honest, this isn't exactly a masterpiece. But therefore it should be released much sooner than most of my other projects.

Constant development is the best development because it never stops.

I was jerking around with my entire shader collection to get a good ghost shader for hours...until I realised that the best ghost is done without any shader. Check out this image and see if you can see it creeping through the hallway.

Its not unlikely that this ends up being another hallway shooter. I really don't know.
We will all see once the full version is out there. I think this will be a 1.18 Release. So far I released something in every version since 1.14 (I think) so I don't see why skip 1.18.

You guys probably want to see some more screenshots, so here you go:

-Wolf

Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2012 03:53
Umm... Wow...

Your signature has been erased by a mod; it needs to be no larger than 600x120.
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2012 04:34
Are you aiming for an adventure game with puzzles? Will you be having multiple way-points to complete an objective?

Visual candy is Wolf-grade quality, as always!

Abdul Ahad

Voytek Pavlik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2012 14:20
What type of background music are you going to have in this project?

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2012 21:38
obviously electronica synthesized power-metal with indie folk influences.

jk. that's actually a good question and I am interested to know.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2012 05:32
Quote: "Umm... Wow..."

Quote: "Are you aiming for an adventure game with puzzles? Will you be having multiple way-points to complete an objective?"

Indeed! There will be multiple ways to solve some puzzles. An intelligent and an idiotproof solution

And some doors have multiple keys to be found on the map if possible. As I keep the objectcount and polycount and the count of everything else in this game really low, the maps are a bit larger than usual.

Quote: "Visual candy is Wolf-grade quality, as always!"

Wolf grade "thank you" to you

Quote: "What type of background music are you going to have in this project?
"

There are some sad piano and string stingers planned for the first part of the game. Later on I will use some of my darker tunes I also feature in Shavra...only more subtle and less spacy.

There are also very insane mixes of choirs for the dreamparts. The game will have a rather dark athmosphere through the soundtrack.

Quote: "obviously electronica synthesized power-metal with indie folk influences.
"

Don't forget the bagpipe-trio

Voytek Pavlik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2012 22:00
Quote: "There are some sad piano and string stingers planned for the first part of the game. Later on I will use some of my darker tunes I also feature in Shavra...only more subtle and less spacy.

There are also very insane mixes of choirs for the dreamparts. The game will have a rather dark athmosphere through the soundtrack."

Perhaps you'd like to be interested in some extra music for it from a music composer with over 4 years of experience?

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2012 03:12
Quote: "Perhaps you'd like to be interested in some extra music for it from a music composer with over 4 years of experience?
"

If that composer would send me an E-Mail we could certainly talk about it

News:

While at work today I had the perfect idea to make this project working...and less boring.

I will update this thing soon as the old storyline needs to get changed and everything else too.

This game has now more surrealism, flowers, titties, more borderline psychopatic gore, bunnies, violently machinegunning creatures to death, more peaceful fireplaces in beautiful settings and more demented asylums of death.

Now this will make a lot more sense once I deliver new screenshots.

This will happen soon so stay tuned

Thank you.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 23:47 Edited at: 25th Apr 2012 23:50

Quote: "“Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you.”"

That quote doesn't quiet fit the storyline but its nice anyway.

Remember when I told you that I will explain the new storyline? Well...I still want to do that as I have 2 Catathrenia updates on the to-do list for this week. (yes! I have a to do list now). This also includes 3 conceptual drawings for this project.

Well, someone on this planet might have red my outcry review on my blog...and if you did, I stated that some clam should do a "moving" game in an old-footag-grainy movie style (instead of a boring slideshow). Why not being that clam? I think the style works very well with the game's ambitions. Make up your own opinion on some images:

(Remember that you can also play this game in prestine black and white)

Feedback and questions are ...as always...warmly welcome.

-Wolf

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 00:04
I can not believe this me and you must be thinking the same thing about our game. I to am use Renaissance Paintings and the same wall paper.lol. it like looking at my own game but different. have say looking real good wolf.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 00:19
Looking very plush and lush which warms the eyes that see.
Very, very good work here and its nice to see that stock FPSC media fitting in so well when used in the right way.
Funny enough, I realy like the B&W shot and can see this being used for some great cut scenes.

All the best of luck with this.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 01:54
Quote: "I can not believe this me and you must be thinking the same thing about our game. I to am use Renaissance Paintings and the same wall paper.lol. it like looking at my own game but different. have say looking real good wolf."

Thanks! I checked your profile but I didn't find a project in this style

Quote: "Looking very plush and lush which warms the eyes that see.
Very, very good work here and its nice to see that stock FPSC media fitting in so well when used in the right way."

Thank you! Actually, the stock media is one of the best meshcollection I have for me. Maybe because I retextured them around 5 times already and for nostalgia value.

Quote: "Funny enough, I realy like the B&W shot and can see this being used for some great cut scenes."

If I would do live action cutscenes, I would do the exact thing But since they are artwork cutscenes, I use this dreamy sepia/warm filmgrain style for them

-Wolf

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 02:39
Im still working on have not post it yet. Im pushing for something different.trying to get things look the way I want it. it will not look as great as you work but pushing foe something else beside graphic.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 10:26
no redhairs as wall-pictures? maybe its just the sepia-filter...

very nice enviroment, and looks so warm and homelike, clean, nongrungy... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO WOLF, SHAPESHIFTER!???

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 20:04
Dang I love that scene. I wish I had a study like that. Great atmosphere!

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 20:50
Wow, that looks awesome.
It's slightly like Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Insanity is doing the same thing everyday, same job, same route, same people and thinking 'Today will be different', thinking that over and over again. But not doing anything different.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 23:12
dat fourth screenshot....

....mind blown.

Fruitella's a badman sweet, do you get me?
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2012 05:00
@Maho:
Quote: "no redhairs as wall-pictures?"

There will be some

Quote: "very nice enviroment, and looks so warm and homelike, clean, nongrungy... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO WOLF, SHAPESHIFTER!???
"

Well, I can't just do only grunge scenes. Its just that FPSC sort of offers itself for them and I started this as a sloppy project. It is no more so I can get creative on it and create more interesting environments. And yes! I have designed a lot of very uninviting environments before so I think a little change there could help This is also where the intro sequences of the game take place.

@Josh
Quote: "Dang I love that scene. I wish I had a study like that. Great atmosphere!"

Me too! I just love classy old stuff Thats probably why I made this level.

'Glad you like it!

@Uzi
Quote: "It's slightly like Amnesia: The Dark Descent"

Your already the second guy that comes up with this so I guess its true

@Dark Frager:
Quote: "dat fourth screenshot....

....mind blown.
"

Wow! Really?
It wasn't even done on that screenshot I hope you like the updated version aswell

-Wolf

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 05:20

Evening!

I felt like doing a last reality grounded update on this. The leveldesign from this set on will be a lot more surreal

This is also the place where you receive the intro speech. I want to have an animated character here having a conversation with the protagonist..however, we all know what happens to naive ambitions a developer has at the start. I am very optimistic about this project though so you can expect a few extra goodies from me.

Thats pretty much it for this time.I won't blabber on about my project and bore everybody. He, who has a question shall feel free to ask whatever he wants.

The game has a budget of 85 € now. (I bought some videoeditting software and a few points for the GC store)

-Wolf

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 09:48
Very nice lighting and texture mapping. Has a great abandoned look from the images. Keep up the great work.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2012 03:20 Edited at: 20th May 2012 04:36
Thanks Myke! Those last scenes shouldnt feel abandoned though...more inhabited by a wealthy but slightly insane persona.

Dear Community,

I finally wipped out a new summary for the updated storyline. While I'm aware that some of you may not like the loss of such elements as reality - dream switches and the underlying insanity that comes with it as planned in the original concept. This game will also lag a lot of the logical puzzles to open doors and get machinery to work it had in the original level but therefore it will be a lot more creative. Puzzles will be solved in more interestin ways, locations are more artistic and the overall quality has been greatly improved. However, the dark and desperate tone of the original is lost and removed with a much more pleasant but still dark concept.

The characters are much more defined and there will be a few interesting fellows you meet along your journey into...well...the protagonists subconciousness.

Oh! I almost forgot to actually post the new storyline:

After the funeral of his recently deceased father, a young mechanic ends up being plagued by intense nightmares. Nightmares so vivid, he starts to suffer from severe sleep deprivation, depression, fear attacks and slight reality loss. Visiting numerous psychologists didn't help much. Even less traditional therapy such as wingwave coaching or hypnosis didn't reveal the cause of his troubles. He suffers until contacted by a less conventional psychologist who offers him a possible but dangerous solution. His theory suggests that the vibrant nightmares are a defense mechanism to hide a surpressed memory within his subconciousness under the disturbing images. An experimental machina should allow the protagonist to wander through his dreams in full awareness without waking up. Traveling inside his own mind. However, if he dies within this highly drug influenced trip...he might remain comatose for the rest of his life.

Fight, solve puzzles and survive through abstract dreamscapes to uncover the true source of your nightmares burried within the depths of your subconciousness.

Adapt or perish.

Now, remember, if you are interested in the technical and theoretical aspect of the game, feel free to ask. I won't go into technobabble unrequested and I have no idea what to write about in my next tutorial... some input on that would be desired aswell as comments and criticism

I'm sorry if these images don't load correctly, I had to resign to an alternative imagehoster as mine didn't cooperate this evening. Now I am aware that none of these images show a lot of gameplay. I just don't feel like this aspect is yet polished enough to be shown already. Concidering all the high grade FPSC Projects out there...I have a bit of a name to keep

But I stay true to my wacky amateur flavor my projects have...for instance: I picked up drawing again.

-Wolf

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2012 05:18
your game look freaking awesome. this game is looking creepy as ever.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2012 14:00
The screenshots look awesome, like always wolf
I am surely waiting untill it is finished.
Are there any tips you can give me, So my project can be Half that epic?

Quote: "Rise and shine, Community.
Rise and shine.
Not that I wish to deny that I have been sleeping on.. the job.
No-one is more deserving of a rest.
And all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until... well, let's just say my hour has come again. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
So, wake up, Community. Wake up and ...leave some feedback."

MADE. MY. DAY.

Its a state of mind.
Betrayal92
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 21:04
Incredible level design as always..

No Imagination
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 04:05
Quote: "your game look freaking awesome. this game is looking creepy as ever.
"

Thanks young lad! The great cäpt'n Seawolf shall remember your kind words!

Quote: "Are there any tips you can give me, So my project can be Half that epic?"

Arrgh! you gotta be a buccaneer like me and do whatever yer like. Try to get a good picture of yer level in yer thick skull before starting to sail around on the FPSC's darned grid. Ye could also ask a more specific question so I can write a tutorial about it!

Quote: "Incredible level design as always.."

Thank you! This inclines however that my leveldesign never fails...which is not true at all. I produce a lot of crap 'swell...I just never shine a spotlight on it unlike those landlubbers responsible for duke nukem forever.

-Wolf

Betrayal92
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2012 02:26
Wolf i got a question...the cell stuff is from any model pack?

No Imagination
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2012 17:17 Edited at: 24th May 2012 17:19
Dear wolf,

I really admire your skills with fps creator, dear bro.

Really, your level design always look awesome, and in my opinion, you are one of the most skilled fpsc users.

But what i indeed admire on your work is the lighting thing. Indeed, i never was able to do such amazing lighting using standard FPSC lighting system.

I am a long time fpsc user, i know how to use it, however, i am always studying to learn more. And my first thing to battle with was scripting, and thanks to God, i was able to learn it very well, and i have done some cool things on FPI Scripting, and i pretend to share those goodies as soon as i release my Goldeneye 007 Fan game. I pretend to use custom stuff on everything, from scripting to modelling, and i pretend to release the game for free, and all the models, scripting, and such...

At the time i had a break on scripting and i began to study level design in 3dsmax, i pretend to do like Rolfy`s Dark House, and also i will use 3dsmax lighting and shadows to create the lighting environment on this game.

But even then, i can say to you that your lighting work on those screens is indeed awesome and even better than some "famous" commercial games.

Cheers,

Goldenye 007 N64
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 10:28
I have been eyeing this for a while, but never commented anything.
I must say, this is looking really good! I love your creative ways of using entities, that no-one probably never intended to be used that way. Always makes your project a lot more interesting, on top of them being already really interesting .

In the 3rd last screen, I don't think the cabinet looks quite right. Maybe with a re-texture it will look better? So that it doesn't look so much like cabinet on the ceiling. It's nothing that really bugs me, but you know, I bet (if someone then) you can make it look more natural. Or is it just a part of the nightmare and is meant to look like that?

And talking about the nightmare, I love how it looks! Especially the first few pics look amazing.

Also, in the movie theater picture, wouldn't the pillars block the light from coming to the silver screen? or is it just the angle, but it looks like it would be blocked.

Anyways, it's looking great, and I'm definitely keeping an eye on this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 11:31:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 11:31:00