Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] The Fantastic Adventures of Doctor Jeremiah James and Bob Corvine

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 20:40
Yes, Bruce the plot does thicken. You can see why this is taking some time especially if I continue to do other projects. Although, I have pretty much reduced the project to just two. This one and another.

Thanks Ross for the comments and they are well taken. I do agree with you. However, the story-line actually starts in the very beginning ( obviously )and therefore what is shown in the video can easily be taken out of context. However, there is probably one thing I need to make more clear before this episode and that is the fact that the Doc does not know what the spell gauntlet can do and it is actually his partner Bob Corvine who actually controls the gauntlet. Some of this back-story I'm going to bring up as the game continues along (just like a movie or TV series will do). But I will explain more now. The Doc met Bob sometime ago on another planet. His capabilities are not so unusual except on Earth where he would be considered a wizard with magical powers. A lot of what the Doc is about is taken from the Doctor Who series. The Doc does not like to do anything dramatic or violent unless push comes to shove. So, they devise a plan to get investigate the offices through more covert means. Bob had actually magically transformed (unlike Dr Who) dress into a Telephone repairman's (engineer's) uniform. Bob also had broken the telephones so that he can get passed the receptionist and guard. One of the other videos on the first page shows how the Dr. is taken into custody if he doesn't answer the receptionist correctly. The Dr. can also be taken into custody if he doesn't fix the phones in the reception area. The following video shows a partial of that confrontation with the second guard.

I'll try to have more explanations in this thread as the game progresses. However, I still want critique. As you can see I'm going to make some changes (adjustments) because of your comment.

BTW, although this is really fun to do it is also frustrating at times when I can't get the script to do what I want it to do. Like some script for the current corridor (hallway scene.)

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code . . . reminds me….. if I had one more brain cell, I could have a synapse! woo hoo, Sparky!

~I'm the Terry of the Flatlands.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 22:42
Looks great so far. I must admit this is one of the threads I tend to glean ideas from. Only because we learned to develop good interaction in our developments based on your concepts (both from developments and RPG Mod).

I must admit it is refreshing to see another developer use a large amount of interaction. Perhaps one day this may earn a BOTB- it would certainly give other contenders a run.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2012 16:35
What truly impresses me most about this game is the thought that's gone into it. I.E. the way you've thought of all the different possible results when the player does such-and-such, with each action having its consequences which affect the sequence of events - exactly how an interactive adventure game should be! It's also the reason why this is the game I've followed with the most interest, right from the start!

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2012 17:03
F l a t l a n d e r

Thanks for the 'heads up' and I am looking forward to seeing more of this Project as time go by.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2012 04:14 Edited at: 25th Sep 2012 04:14
Ross, do you recognize something familiar in this video? I can't wait to be able to add more of the assets (models) you have made. The are so cool and so well done. I finally have used one for a clue.

Speaking of "clues" the player can navigate the hallway forever but will not find anything. In this video the player then looks at the clues list and finds that he hasn't picked up anything yet. Hmmm? where is at least one clue. There has to be some kind of clue. Did I really look thoroughly in the reception area? So he looks and finds a clue. He looks at the clue list. Hmmm? Interesting. But what does it mean or to what is it connected? Maybe I should search some more in the hallway around the lights? The only visible thing.

After seeing these clues what do you think the player needs to do in the hallway?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code . . . reminds me….. if I had one more brain cell, I could have a synapse! woo hoo, Sparky!

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2012 05:10
Flatlander

Glad you have some use for my media (envelope).

Quote: "After seeing these clues what do you think the player needs to do in the hallway?"

Can one of the wall lights be turned 'off' in order for a door to be opened?

What you have shown so far (videos & images) shows me that this is a complex detective style game which keeps the user/doctor on their toes (thinking) which makes for great game play and engrosses you in the plot as it thickens.
Keep it coming because I for one would love to play the final version if and when it becomes available.

Cheers
Ross
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2012 00:23 Edited at: 26th Sep 2012 00:25
Ross, I'll be using a lot more than just the envelope. In this quest I'm sure I'll use the desk and animated drawer. I think the magnifying glass is yours. I'll probably have that as an inventory item for use. I know I'm going to have an Egyptian quest and a couple of medieval quests so there's a lot you have for those. I might use the gold coins in this quest but not sure. I also have the gems and so on and so on.

So, this brings me to the next video. The two clues:

*Turn upside down and you might find an interesting sequence that could open new avenues.

* These wall lamps can give light but they can also . . ..

So we know that something needs to be done with the wall lamps now. We may not know what the first clue really means but we start going to the wall lamps and clicking the mouse button and/or pressing the [ENTER] key to see what that might do. We find out when we get to the second lamp that it get's turned upside down. We try another lamp but it resets everything so the word sequence in the clue must mean that the lamps must be chosen in the correct sequence. So, I kind of go through the routine of that. The last wall lamp at the end of the hall resets the lamps but it also opens a door. Nothing is in it right now but I will add stuff that needs to be done later. Hitting the sequence right opens a door that has another door which takes us to the "server" room. There is still much to do.

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2012 01:15
F l a t l a n d e r

Now thats a very well thought out puzzle for the user to indulge in and I like the cryptic clues very much. This will test the most avid of role players.
I wouldn't give too much away though because you have to keeps us guessing but that was a great example to show to let us know the depth of the puzzle solving that will be in this game.

All the best of luck.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2012 02:31 Edited at: 26th Sep 2012 02:58
BTW, the wall lamps and the puzzle is actually from MP54.

This is a great pack for this sort of thing. There is a lot of this pack that I will use. Of course, there will be other puzzles, riddles and such that I will be making up myself.

Addendum:

Quote: "I wouldn't give too much away though because you have to keeps us guessing but that was a great example to show to let us know the depth of the puzzle solving that will be in this game.
"

I've been wondering how much to reveal. Especially since I would like to make this quest the demo. I think I will not reveal anything more and concentrate on getting this quest done. Even images could reveal more than I would like.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2012 20:21
The following images are in regard to the inventory system. First of all, one can have up to 7 categories. This is shown in the following image:

The next image shows that I will be providing (at least that's my though) possible disguises for the Doctor. I hope to be able to figure out what use this should be for the player.

There was one issue about how I have set up the inventory system. I set it up where all of the inventory items had to be provided for in the setup fpi. This meant that the item was shown to the player and so he would be looking for this item. So, instead of creating a complex method of just showing the items that were picked up (some items may not even go into inventory - kind of a misdirection) I gave it a placeholder -- a question mark. They will know how many but not exactly what it is they need to pick up.

There is a command that I use in order to display the inventory item when it is picked up. It also can be used in the setup and would be displayed right away.

There are descriptions available for the player of both a category and an item.

So there you have it. Any thoughts about the use of hiding the inventory items with a placeholder?

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2012 21:36
Nice. I like it!!! Particularly the disguises part- that is a great idea. Nice to see a development having this type of in-depth design applied to it.

Quote: "Any thoughts about the use of hiding the inventory items with a placeholder?"

I like the idea of placeholders. As a matter of fact, we use a similar idea. In our WW2 development for example, we used a "lock" image to show the item was not available. Here is an image to show you how we use a similar technique to our inventory system.

As you can see, the player can view what types of items they will be using throughout the game. They can press the letter to view information, and are told it is locked if the lock icon is present when they try to use. Items are unlocked once they collect, and at the top are two "bonus" inventory items not revealed until much later in the game.

In other developments, we've altered the placeholders. The idea was to allow the player to see how many items they may need to have to complete the game, and gives them something to look forward to. The more detail, the better immersed the player becomes in the game. At least, that's just my $0.02 CAN.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2012 01:57 Edited at: 7th Oct 2012 01:58
Some nice ideas with the inventory and disguises. I chuckled to myself when I saw the Team Fortress 2 images though!

(Off topic) @Blackfox, I actually have one of those WW2 army backpacks, passed down to me from my Grandfather, who served in the RAMC!

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2012 05:18
Blackfox, I like the improvements you've made with your backpack and inventory items idea. Great job.

Bruce -- wink, wink -- In fact, they all are from TF2. I won't go into much detail but for now they are "placeholders" until I find someone who can do some icons for me that I will use in the final release or sooner. They gave me the url to download their icons and images so I can use them temporarily. There were several I was interested in. As far as the disguises I expect they will not look like the ones shown at all. I would like an actual telephone engineer or repairman rather than a construction engineer type worker. We'll see how it goes. I'm not sure exactly what I will want until I get to that part of the game. As forum says it is for WIP.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2012 16:38
I guessed they were placeholder images; it's a shame they're copyrighted though, because who wouldn't want to dress up like TF2 characters?!!

I'm looking forward to seeing the final disguises, it will be interesting to see what you come up with

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2012 21:06 Edited at: 7th Oct 2012 21:11
This is nice, I love Doctor Who as a concept. I think you will get a lot of interest from this parody, any idea on the type on monsters the game will have?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2012 23:01 Edited at: 7th Oct 2012 23:03
@fallen one

Before you edited and what I got in the email was a question about embedding youtube.

Monsters? I do have some ideas and a couple of characters. Since I'm not good at graphics, modeling and especially characters I have to use what I can find on the forums, in the store or in a model pack.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 18:40 Edited at: 9th Oct 2012 19:38
I really don't have any good images of disguises. Here is what I have come up with and I don't particularly like them but I will probably use them if someone is not able to help me out here.

You have a medical doctor, firefighter, a soldier, a spy, a sniper, and an old scout. Instead of a spy I might use a butler. I know I'm not necessarily limited to six, however, I don't want to make it too complicated for myself. I might even cut back on these.

I thought of a possible humorous addition to the game and using the generic selection feature. The doctor could get some sniper help; but, these are not ordinary snipers.

The sniper kitty.

This cute little guy would be easy to infiltrate just about anywhere. His main job is not to necessarily kill but to shoot a dart that can put a person to sleep . . . or planting a chip or using some kind of chemical that could do certain things to the person.

The sniper elite cat.

A full grown cat that can handle some pretty powerful weapons.

This sniper can position himself just about anywhere using his climbing skills. Also good in his natural habitation. He is also very accurate because he has an excellent prone position and nerves of steel.

@fallen one

Do you have any suggestions for monsters. I do need more than I have thought about or already have.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2012 05:11 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2012 14:35
Bond1 has a really cool way of creating animation on an entity. However, to do your own, you had to purchase Dark Shaders. That's not a bad idea if you are in need of it for more uses than just creating animated shaders. At this point the investment for me was not an option.

Thank goodness Scene Commander created a way to play movies on the texture of an entity. This is what I had done here. There may be more tweaking but that's for another time and probably won't be shown here.

The following video shows this use as a security camera in my game. Oooops. I had to delete this because it is copyrighted music that I accidently left on (The Byrds) while I recorded the video. I will upload a new one. Watch for it because I added a some more this morning.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2012 05:33
Introducing the new TASDIM by Rosstradamus:

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2012 06:18
Quote: "Thank goodness Scene Commander create a way to play movies on the texture of an entity. This is what I had done here. There may be more tweaking but that's for another time and probably won't be shown here."

Do you recall which release that was by chance? If not, no worries. I have Dark Shader and can use it to create animations on entities. I'd like to see what exactly was added and how it works in the source.

Quote: "Introducing the new TASDIM by Rosstradamus"

Very nice!!! Now that is some good work. Hat's off to you both. Just check to ensure the "rolling boulder" is no where around.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2012 06:59 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2012 07:02
Thanks Blackfox.

Quote: " Just check to ensure the "rolling boulder" is no where around."

:LOL:

I'll give you a start and where to look in the code. I can't remember when it was introduced but you can find it in the current code:

Here is the script that uses it. It is placed in the appear parameter. Default parameters can remain in the "main" and "destroy."

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2012 07:31
Thanks Terry. That helped me to narrow the search and find the source it was introduced in. I'll have to look at that and see how it performs versus the Dark Shader method.

Looking forward to more on this development.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2012 14:15
Always nice to see some of the new features being used in a development

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2012 14:49 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2012 14:59
Thanks Bruce.

I had to delete the previous video because of copyrighted music I had on in the background. So, here is the new video. Some might want to rewatch this one as I have added a little something in the beginning to show how I'm populating the offices. The security camera is one office and I show another with this video.

The video's a little dark but letting youtube make it lighter really sucks.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2012 17:47
I love the way you've made a slideshow to make it look like the monitor is switching between camera views.
I've had a few ideas myself about how the new video textures feature could be used, but I must confess, I never even considered using it that way!
Very inspirational

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Tasdim? EXPLAIN, EXPLAIN!

------
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2012 18:34 Edited at: 24th Oct 2012 01:02
Quote: "Tasdim? EXPLAIN, EXPLAIN!"

This whole concept comes from Dr. Who series.

I can't call it the TARDIS, so I came up with TASDIM. But, just like the TARDIS, it is much, much bigger on the inside. It took a while to find words where the acronym sounded OK. Instead of the sonic screwdriver, Nbt, made me something similar and named it the RPW, Rythmical Power Wand.

Quote: " I love the way you've made a slideshow to make it look like the monitor is switching between camera views."

Thanks, I took pics using the in-game camera of FPSC and then used Windows Movie Maker to make the "movie" which is actually, as you said, a slide show.

I then used "Signs V" to make a 200% image of a TV frame and then at 100% simply made a blank "sign" that fit inside. I attached the "movie - WMV" to the texture using Scene Commanders script.

Addendum:

I forgot to say what the acronym represents:

Time And Spatial Dimensions Interactive Machine

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
A Whovian then? Smith or Tennant?

------
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2012 23:47
Quote: "I then used "Signs V" to make a 200% image of a TV frame and then at 100% simply made a blank "sign" that fit inside. I attached the "movie - WMV" to the texture using Scene Commanders script."

It is a great effect, and thank you for pointing me in the right direction. We made a TV with 5 channels the player can change to. All I did was record the video with our TV capture card, convert in VirtualDUB, then added to the script. In our case, we added a flat plane that sits just in front of the TV so the video texture only appears on that and not on the TV. There were some video textures that "wrapped around" the TV, hence the flat plane.

Quote: "I can't call it the TARDIS, so I came up with TASDIM. But, just like the TARDIS, it is much, much bigger on the inside. "

Did Ross by chance include a coffee maker at least, since the player will spend a lot of time in there?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2012 17:11 Edited at: 27th Oct 2012 17:27
This video shows three office scenes. They will be clues to answer later questions.

I really like EAI's T341 characters. Especially the animations. I just wish I had civilians with the sitting and or typing anims. The first office scene shows a conversation between a guard and player. If he doesn't respond correctly, once again the player goes to jail, does not pass GO or collect $200.

The second scene shows a soldier typing away and some complex stuff on the monitor.

The third scene simply shows a soldier sitting down and looking at three monitors.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2012 17:53
Quote: "I really like EAI's T341 characters. Especially the animations. I just wish I had civilians with the sitting and or typing anims. The first office scene shows a conversation between a guard and player. If he doesn't respond correctly, once again the player goes to jail, does not pass GO or collect $200. "

It is too bad that some of the characters from the other packs did not have a "sitting". I suppose you could either retexture the T341 or somehow incorporate them into the office scenes.

That third scene with the character watching the monitors. You should use the "video texture" feature and have three different videos playing on the screens.

Still, I like the "response" feature you developed. It helps to immerse the player into the actual game play when they get to type a response when asked.

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2012 15:25
I just had to come and have a peek and be humbled.
You are awesome sire.!

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 05:41
Meows. Thanks. But I'm not awesome. Just work hard and have experience with this.

Here is a link to a first small demo. It starts out in the TASDIM and then continues to the first quest. There is not much "game play" with this. It's just an intro to who, what, and the feel of the game. There's still some tweaks I will be doing even for this. The second level that starts the quest only allows you to start it. It doesn't let you out of the "maintenance closet."

The download is 214 MB and is in 7z compression.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 13:08
Flatlander, can I join you in the Yellow Submarine? I always thought it would be a fun place to hang out in!!

(on Topic) I'm going to download the demo and learn from the master

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 14:33
Sure, I'll come to port soon.

I hope you're not too disappointed with it. Let me know if there are any issues on your PC with it.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 19:22 Edited at: 16th Nov 2012 19:26
We were looking forward to checking this out. After the "loading" screen came up and the game loaded, we saw a brief flicker and I thought there was something there, but it was only about 100ms and then it went to a black screen. I waited for a minute or two and then had to exit.

EDIT: Tried on both my laptop and desktop. The desktop is running Win 7 32bit and has an AMD Radeon 6450 video card; laptop runs Win 7 64bit and has the AMD Radeon 6250. Even took it one step further and tried it on XP in VMWare and received the same results. I'll keep trying.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 20:54 Edited at: 16th Nov 2012 22:32
Quote: " After the "loading" screen came up and the game loaded, we saw a brief flicker and I thought there was something there, but it was only about 100ms and then it went to a black screen"

That sucks! I do have a fade-in at the beginning but I would think it should work on any machine. I'll try it on my wife's computer and the laptop. Maybe, I'll be the only one who will be able to play it. What a show stopper that would be!

Addendum #1

It works fine on my wife's computer which is not really a computer made for games. It is a business machine for accounting and Microsoft Office programs. The ambiance is lighter than I developed it for but I guess that's probably to be expected on this PC. It is also slower than my development PC so it takes longer to load the game; however, the game itself plays well at a good cliip. Now on to the laptop which is a slower than molasses XP OS. BTW, the wife's is a Dell Windows 7 64 bit.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2012 00:25 Edited at: 17th Nov 2012 02:02
Acknowledged Terry. I'll download again and give it another try. This time something did tweak my memory after reading your post and staring at my desks- I run triple monitors on the desktop, dual on the laptop so that may be the issue. I sometimes forget about that. I have a specific video hook driver that is written for our setup here and it has been prone to interfere with applications (and games). This time I'll adjust my setup and report back (no worries- it is a simple click icon- disable monitors).

**SUCCESS**

Got it running- had a hunch it was my video monitor setup. Once I disabled the other monitors, it worked like a charm.

We loved it. The music was great, and the camera shake when activating the machine was a nice touch. Love the different inventory categories you have set up. I can tell a lot of detail is going into this. I was not sure if I missed something, as I saw the message about looking around the closet more. Or is that how it ends for the moment? Also loved the "wizardry" part- almost choked on my coffee when I saw that.

The only thing we noticed was when you press F10- your text and hud are not aligned. The hud is shifted to the left. I had assumed it should be more "centered" so the text displays on it.

Nice to see a development with some great detail in it, not just "see an item, pick it up and get to use it". It is good to have to "activate things in order" for events to continue, and the time to explain certain "details or info" is always a nice addition. Of course, your developments always have great detail, so we come to expect it from you.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2012 00:50
Just played this, and apart from what Blackfox has already said, all I can really add is; short but sweet!

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2012 02:33
Thanks Blackfox. I really appreciate your comments. The F10 key was supposed to have been disabled. Once the player opens the closet door and gets that message he has a choice. Go back and look around now that he/she can see better or leave the closet.

Thanks Bruce. I know it was short but just wanted to at least get something out there for you to get a taste of it. What's funny is that although it's short there was a lot of work and tweaking behind it.

Again, I'm delayed because of working with Lee and Dave to kill some bugs. They might not be finished with that but I think i am for awhile again, unless they ask for some help. I also have found that I need to break up this first quest a little more into smaller levels. I really want to have better quality lighting and that means smaller levels because of the cap. I found that the cap works only one level at a time whether it was a test level or a built game. For my quests I need to have more levels built into the game to be effective.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2012 11:27
Quote: "Thanks Bruce. I know it was short but just wanted to at least get something out there for you to get a taste of it. What's funny is that although it's short there was a lot of work and tweaking behind it. "

Like Blackfox said, the huge amount of detail really shows. I like small tasters, I think sometimes demos give away too much...

Lyonia Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2013 21:40
Dear Allah!This is awesome!

Lyonia 4 Life
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 00:59 Edited at: 27th Jan 2013 18:47
Thank you Lyonia Games.

I wasn't going to update what I have been doing but I think I will because I have really been fleshing this out since I have had more time devoted to it.

The human player will start out meeting CPO-1. Version #1 of the CPO series. He will be one of the player's companions and will show him around as well as instruct him in what he might have to do next. Here is the player meeting CPO-1:

CPO-1 will welcome the player as the newest member of the Lord's of Time. However, he does not as yet have an identity. CPO-1 will take the player into the next room and tell him that on the four monitors he will see four possible identities. One will be named (one or all could be changed by the time I'm done) Jeremiah James, Daniel Joseph, Eckard Opperman, or Angelina Moretti. The following image shows an example of what is a video texture of the default video playing (storyvideo.avi).

Depending on who the player picks wil determine some different options and characteristics of the player. This will be announced to the player. Actually I haven't created them yet and I haven't created how the characters will look in the video.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 01:04 Edited at: 27th Jan 2013 03:38
The player will then be led by CPO-1 to the top level where the Lord's of Time convene at various times. It is a barren planet that is uninhabited. Here is an image of CPO-1 and Bob Corvine as a crow. He is another companion as you all know to the Doctor. He can change into a crow and here he is introduced as a crow.

BTW, it's pronounced C P O dash 1.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 03:10 Edited at: 27th Jan 2013 03:17
Here are three possible Time Lords. I'm not sure if I will have this many or if they will make the cut. Starmind001 is working on a character for me that will be the main Time Lord, so he will be a part of the organization Lord's of Time for sure.

I set another light in front of them so you can see their faces a little better. That's why the shadow of the rocks on the right is not appearing properly from the sun. This shows how good the light mapping is for FPSC. It's like I put a fill light in there.

CREDITS:

The one on the far left is by Decneo. The middle one is Henry Hams' trooper, and the one on the far right is Josh Mooney's hooded character. Thanks guys for your contributions to the community.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Really cool and great to see something with such depth, looking forward to seeing more from you

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 08:15 Edited at: 27th Jan 2013 08:17
Thanks again, Rolfy. It is going to be one hake of a scripting feat.

Also for those who haven't recognized the sky box. It's one of Rolfy's great sky boxes. Check out his website if you haven't for all of his media. Just click on the Web button found on his posts.

Hake I'll make it easy for ya.

http://rolfy01.byethost3.com/fpsc/fpsc.htm

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 22:54 Edited at: 27th Jan 2013 23:01
In the far, far system of Claudius Ptolemy is the planet Paradisio. This is where the Lords of Time have a space port and sometimes they meet here. This planet is not inhabited and mainly consists of rock structures and many plateaus of flat encrusted sand.The heat can be intolerable.

You will notice that both the raven and the human form of Bob Corvine are in the same scene. This will not be the case in the game. The Raven will disappear after the player begins to move.

There is a little "jerkiness" in the video. This is because of FRAPS.

Again, I must give credit to Rosstradamus for the "police box" model. Thanks my friend.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2013 02:05
Great stuff as ever, always nice to see a bit of plot/backstory being fleshed out

Tax 78
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2013 22:19
Wow, can't wait to try the game, Nice graphics

Tax

Sorry but I use a translator

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 09:36:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 09:36:18