Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Bite Size 004 Error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:10
I downloaded the AppGameKit Bite Size 004 code from the newsletter this morning and got an error when try to run it. The error says: Version Error: Update the player to continue at line 0. See attached picture.

I get no errors like this during compiling or with any other previous code to date.

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock." - Will Rogers

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein

Attachments

Login to view attachments
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:18
I'll take a look, I haven't had that error before. Are you using the latest version of AppGameKit?

Carolina South
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:20
I'm using v1065 Tier 1.

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock." - Will Rogers

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:21
OK, I'll see if I can solve the mystery...

Carolina South
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:22
Not a problem - I do enjoy your tutorials very much though

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:48
Try deleting any executables in the main folder and recompiling. For some reason that works for me.

I have a feeling the name of the app or folder has been changed at some point and this might have caused the problem, sorry!

Glad you like the tutorials though, thanks! The next one is about raycasting.

Carolina South
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:55
That fixed it. Thanks!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 21:51
I changed the root folder name to keep it aligned with previous tutorials, I didn't realise it would break things

Carolina South
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 21:52
That must've been how I broke it too. I did the same thing when I moved it after unpacking it.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 22:50
OK, that explains it then. I have noticed that it's best not to change projects very much after they have been started with a particular name.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 07:19:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 07:19:59