Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official V119 Competition

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 19:12
Any chance we could see who made the final.list? I'm assuming I'm, but it would be nice to have some form of confirmation.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ched80,

I actually posted these in an earlier thread, but here you go. The entries below are all valued and judging is underway.

Leongamerz & The Zombie Killer (team)
Ched80
Meows
ASTEK

SC
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2012 08:01
I am supprised I made it here. I thought for sure I would get the "Thanks but no Thanks letter"

After downloading leongamerz & Zombie Kilers game and playing it, The thought and attention that went into it was very evident.
They are true, giants and I had to thank them as I learned a lot on design and gameplay.

SO I had to download Ched80 next and I see why he is reguarded as a master. And a master he is. And I had to appoligize as I was unable to find even one captured person the first time I played the game. I must say Regolith_Build05 seemed very polished and professional.

Astek TheLighthouseDemo is a great outdoor experence, However I seemed to have issues with my keyboard as the objective screen never left and i could not figure out how to pick anything up. My T key and enter key must have been messed up. The Lighthouse and Tent scene are wonderful. Very skillfully made.

After playing these 3 games I see my learning curve is now like a rocket. Straight up to get close to the level of game making I have seen

Life is a short trip to another world
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2012 08:26
Gah, sorry SC I should have looked harder.

Thanks for the kind review Meows, although I am far from a master at FPSC!

brethren
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2012 21:09
Just checking, any word on final results on this?
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

My apoligises for the late judging, I'm just waiting on the results from one last judge and then I'll announce the winners.

I've got to say, that although we've only had a few entries, the standard has been high, so it's been a tough job.

Hopefully we've have the full list of winners for you after the weekend.

SC
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2012 14:06
sorry scene commander, I should be able to have these judged by the end of the weekend. I hope I find you on MSN

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2012 20:14 Edited at: 25th Jun 2012 04:42
double post. I have played and judged all entries.
I will review them each. Scene Commander I will just Email you.
EDIT- Email Sent.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 17:30 Edited at: 25th Jun 2012 17:36
Hi All,

Ok, the results are in and the scores collected and here are the winners. All winners should let me have the email address they use for their TGC account and the model pack/s they would like, I'll then pass this information onto Lee/Rick.

1st - Ched80 - Beneath the Ragolith - Overall score:57/100

And Ched80 wins his choice of any 5 official TGC model packs.

2nd - ASTEK - The Lighthouse - Overall score:39/100

And ASTEK wins his choice of any 3 official TGC model packs.

3rd - Leongamerz/Zombie Killer - unamed - Overal score: 20/100

You guys win a choice of 1 official TGC model pack. I'm afraid the prize can't be shared, so you'll need to decide who wins it.

OVERALL COMMENTS

The Lighthouse

Overall use of the new V119 features :0-50 points
1 point.

I'm sorry to say that I could only actually find one feature used from the new command set

Quality of game play :0-25 points

20 points

I enjoyed this one very much, it had a very different and professional feel.

Atmosphere and use of media :0-15

12 points

The lighting and sound was well done, and gave a genuine sense of being out at night.

Presentation, including menu's etc. :0-10

6 points

The presentation was very good, however I scored down as I had to ask on the forums how to play the game. I would have liked to
have given a higher score here but felt some form of instructions or guidance was needed.

Overall comments.

Total 39.

This game really did look as if it had potential and I would love to see it developed, but while looking very good, for me it failed
to meet much of the critera for the competion fully because of the very limited use of V119. However I look forward to seeing what becomes of it in the future.

Unnamed Project

0 points.

I'm really sorry guys, and I'm happy to be corrected as I couldn't see the scriptbank, but I couldn't see any use of V119 commands at all, all of the scripts felt like they were straight from the scriptbank or associated model pack.

6 points.

What there was played fairly well, but I completed the whole game is less than a minute.

9 points

The game was well light and the music was well used, but it felt a bit generic for me.

4 points

I liked the use of the installer, if gave it a more professional feel. However the menu's were a little sparse and there was far to much use of default huds for doors and switches.

Overall comments.

20 points

Overall a good start, but I felt this game would have been a lot better with some more imaginative scripting and longer game play.

Beneath the Ragolith

27 points

Some very nice use of scripting here, using the new commands to create some unique features. I also liked the use of the new shaders, which also added to the atmosphere.

12 points

There felt as if there was a lot to do, although it would have been nice if it had been a little more challanging. However, I liked the end of game score which gave a 'just one more try' feel.

10 points.

Some nice lighting and use of shadows. I liked the new damage hud, which added nicely to the overall feel. I've marked you down a little because of the
glitchy characters which affects some custom models, maybe it would have been better to have used another model. The music suited well.

8 points.

The menus could have been a little better, but the good use of shaders, the constant HUD really added for me.

Overall comments.

57 points

A very nice entry, it felt as if you might have run out of time. I'll look forward to seeing if you manage to move this forward.

Trouble in Heaven

3 points.

Again, as the game was packed, it was difficult to spot all of the V119 features, but the obvious ones that were used were used well.

6 points.

This was and is one of the few FPSC games that I've actually found to be challanging, it fact, I didn't actually finish it as I kept dying, but it
did make me want to come back for more.

4 Points.

Ths one was a hard one to judge, the media was unusual to say the least, and gave a very 'trippy' feel to the game which I personally liked.

2 points.

The presentation matched the feel of the game well, but could have been improved upon. With more attention to the alpha channels this could have been very good. It was unfortunate that one of the judges could get it to load, possibly due to the unpacker and this has been reflected in the score.

Overall comments.

15 points.

I really enjoyed this one, and would like to see it go further.

Congratulations everyone who entered, this was a lot of fun to judge.
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 20:07
Well done to everyone. I really enjoyed judging this competition, and, I must confess, It's provided me with some inspiration for my own project

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 20:53
Thanks for letting me particapate. It is a huge learning experence and considering my first exposure to FPSC was this last Oct, I was amazed i made it into the contest at all.
And I was right, Ched80 is a Master.

This disturbs me a lot though.
Quote: " It was unfortunate that one of the judges could get it to load, possibly due to the unpacker and this has been reflected in the score."

It seems my issues with Smartpackerpro are validated. This was a 3 level game. And it was too much for some computers to handle the extraction. Oh dear, I had to delete many words. Way to upset to...

Life is a short trip to another world
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2012 00:34
Quote: "It seems my issues with Smartpackerpro are validated."

Not wanting to belittle SmartPackerPro or anything - I've never used it, so I'm in no position to comment about it, but I recommend using Vishnu Packer, either with, or without Vishnu Lock (I can't say anything about Vishnu Launcher, as I haven't used it).

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2012 13:14
doesnt wonder that the script-update-compo was won by one of the scriptmasters here.^^

congrats to all of you.

gz

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 09:04
Wow! I honestly didn't expect that result.
Thanks so much for voting for my game.

The criticism of it is valid as the time limit for this was really tough and I had particular difficulty with my attempt at making the game third person.

I've started to move my game over to RPGmod where I'm developing my own third person commands as I felt this game worked better as a 3PS rather than an FPS.

The glitchy characters are another problem and I will probably need something like Animer to solve that issue.

Thanks againto the judges and congratulations to all who entered.

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 10:32
I'm just surprised we made the list! Congrats to Ched on the win!

@SC
As far as I remember, the "linktoplr" command was used, but any more than that from v119, I'm unsure. The only script I made that made it into the demo was the player body.

Oh yeah, the "linkyrotation" command was used too.

-TZK

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Well. It is what it is.

I'm posting to confirm that I've seen this but as for the packs... I am unsure.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 07:38
Congrats to the winners. Scene do you happen to know if another such project will happen again in the coming months?

Current Project: The Underground: Awakening
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Email sent Scene Commander. It should be from

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@All Winners.

I've sent through your prize requests and details to TGC, please let me know via email if you have any problems.

Well done again.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2012 21:28 Edited at: 14th Sep 2012 21:36
A final congratulations to all winners, I hope you're all enjoying your prizes.

Could a mod unsticky and lock this please.

Thanks,

SC
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 18:52
Locked at Author's request.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 03:03:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 03:03:04