Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Using an external SDK ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I am pretty much a novice, please dont laugh ... but I am wondering if I can use a speech synthesizer SDK in AppGameKit, and basically synthesize speech in my iphone/android app

I am doubting it would be possible, but if it is... OMFG!

I WOULD LIKE TO BUY SOME FROGS

mash it up 'arry
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2012 01:42
You mean text to speech? Should be possible to add the stuff in T2 for a specific platforms, but you'd need to do that yourself.

How many frogs do you want? Live ones are a bit more expensive than dead ones because they keep jumping out of the boxes.

-- Jim
funchop
Years of Service
User Offline
Good point about the frogs... didnt think of that!

I havent got the first clue about anything to do with tier 2 apart from it being based on the c++ language. I dont think I have the skills to take that on cout >> \"Ive just crapped myself\";

mash it up 'arry
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2012 14:09 Edited at: 4th Apr 2012 14:09
After a simple Google search, I found this. Text to speech in visual studio

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 02:24
The trick with adding third party SDK hooks in T2 is that you would have to implement for each specific platform, and choose technologies that lend themselves well to cross-platform development to save you time and expand compatibility. If anyone knows of a great cross-platform text to speech engine we can look at, we might consider making it part of T1 which means you'll get the features as universal commands

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 14:48:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 14:48:57