Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Including files from other projects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 21:36
As im working on multiple projects at the same time, but both projects use some functions that I have created for both projects.

The problem Im having is that when I edit the functions in one of the projects I want it to change in the other one. Is that possible, I know that you can add sourcefiles to projects from other folders but im not able to use the #Include command on them. Is that possible and if so how

I tried writing
but none of them worked
Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 22:13 Edited at: 8th Apr 2012 22:15
Yes, I use a common library which is accessed by multiple projects.

If you have a folder called ~common in the same folder as your projects, for example.

And in this folder you had an include file to handle the display functions called "display.agc", you would use;

in each of you project files to include it.

AGK even changes the tree structure of your project to show this file is in a different location
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 23:25
I have shared functions but I copy them to each new project. Sometimes you make a functional change that can upset older projects. I prefer to assess the change and decide whether to deploy to other projects.

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 23:57
That seems to have worked, Thanks for the help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 19:29:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 19:29:14