Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier 2 opengl 3D commands use?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 00:54
Hello, I was wondering since in tier 2 it is C++, could I just import opengl and make my own 3D commands in the template.cpp? Or would it mess up anything with the agk library since it uses opengl. Thank you for your help!

sov the game creator!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i suppose it would end up a big mess!

if you need 3d TODAY, looks for another sdk. In 1 year time I think there would be some basic 3d commands. Right now I would be more than happy if we get some decent 2d commands to play with!!!
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 11:06
Quote: "Hello, I was wondering since in tier 2 it is C++, could I just import opengl and make my own 3D commands in the template.cpp? Or would it mess up anything with the agk library since it uses opengl. Thank you for your help!"

As bjadams said, it'd turn out to be a huge mess probably. Even if not, then there's no use in using AppGameKit then. (What would you use it for? Loading images?)

If you want 3d, either look for another SDK or do it without it. (You wouldn't get multi-platform then, unless you'd port the code)

Sorry, but that's the truth. We have to wait for 3d commands.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 18:51 Edited at: 10th Apr 2012 18:56
I would like opengl commands too, but I think agk should use a command that excutes the basic opengl commands. something like this
agk::ExecuteOpenGLCommand(astring); Because there are so meny openglcommands that I think that this might work then again it take agk too long to empliment. I think a better faster idea would have a section that you can add opengl commands but this would not let teir one users use the commands.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps.
Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase.
Veterian for the military.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
would love agk::ExecuteOpenGLCommand(astring)
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 19:34
As long as you call

when you are done you could probably get away with it. Make sure you draw things in the right order, since at the beginning of App::Loop() the back buffer is blank, Render() draws all the AppGameKit internals to the back buffer, and Swap() puts it on screen then clears the back buffer ready for the next run through. So you'll probably want to draw 3D before Render().

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 02:13:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 02:13:30