Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can I develop a game with Shoot Em up Kit without previous experience?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'm very interested in the Shoot Em up Kit, but I have no previous experience. Both in design and programming. I have never developed a game, and I don't know to draw, also.

Do you think I can create a good game with Shoot Em up Kit, with all the "problems" above mentioned?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2012 23:36 Edited at: 14th Apr 2012 23:39
The best way to find out the answer to your question is to trial it and take some tutorials. There's a free trial located here: http://www.tallstudios.com/download%20trial

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2012 23:39 Edited at: 14th Apr 2012 23:41
I don't know the product details (It would help to post a link to the product's page) but I would have to honestly say...

YES AND NO

No, you can't just make anything unless you are using software that is completely "drag 'n drop" and even still you'd need some knowledge of how games work or computers, etc.

Yes, you can LEARN to make a game quite easily, especially in BASIC or a "kit" (Which is usually an engine with a scripting language and some "editors" that come with it).

Graphics will be your biggest pain (assuming you can handle a little learning). But there are many good tutorials on pixel art - something anyone can do up to the level of "generically acceptable" but only a few can do up to the level of "Master". So you don't need to be an artist. If you want good graphics, there are loads of online communities (including this one) where you may find free resources like sprite sheets, etc. in many styles (I mean not just pixel-art and not limited to 2D).

All in all what I'm trying to say is you can do something but only if you're willing to put some time into it.

[EDIT} Ah, answered already... I should really refresh before posting, *sigh*... Well now, you have the verbose side to it. But Hodgey's right: If there's a free trial version, give it a go. Nothing to lose. [/EDIT]

ewsg
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Thank you all for all your opinions and help.

I will try. I have many ideas in mind, and love electronic games. I always had the intention of to create a game, but was always stopped by my fears.

Maybe now I left these fears aside and start to trying to bring my ideas to the real world.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 02:01:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 02:01:22