Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Facebook Support

Author
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2012 17:17
Hi there, been reading on the net about where the game money is. By that I mean who is earning what for their programming effort.

And it seems to me the big money now a days is in Facebook games. Ones that charge a fee for in game items or ones that integrate Ads.

So I was wondering, since from what I understand AppGameKit compiles out to java for cell phones, if it could be adapted to run as a Java program within Facebooks Canvas, with Facebook API hooks.

Thank you for your attention and save the morlocks

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel bearing some nuts and a smile!
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2012 02:37
This is something that interests me too. Facebook connectivity would be an absolute belter of a feature. Is this available via the new HTML commands in 1.07?

Greenlig

Your signature has been erased by a mod as it is far too big.
Greenster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2012 10:25
It's just HTTP GET and POST with, in some cases, custom headers. Just like Amazon, Twitter, PayPal and all other web APIs. Some return strings, some xml, some JSON.

I doubt TGC is implementing a flexible solution though. The return data is easy to parse in all cases even without special commands; we just need HTTP support..
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2012 12:51
Knowing TGC, we won't get POST, only HTTP GET Still better than nothing!

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
IronGiant is not asking for FB linking, but for AppGameKit to compile to something so that his game can run on Facebook.

Soon AppGameKit will compile to Java so that might work. The best solution would be html5 export.

I am using another sdk to do html5 games.
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2012 20:08
Yes, I was looking more to Java or maybe even a Flash like compile out replacement, where the program once written in AppGameKit can run at high speed compiled out to Java byte code with abilities to hook into the Facebook API for access to friends lists and all that implies.
Or even Flash, which I'm not too fond of, but in which 90 percent of Facebook games are written in.

I am learning AS3 and have some HTML5 (javascript) under my belt. But HTML 5 leaves your code exposed and has yet to impress me for anything other than simple games. It seems to me that the major Browsers are lacking in Javascript speed.

Just think of it, AppGameKit replacing Flash as the language of choice for Facebook Apps. be really cool.

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel bearing some nuts and a smile!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
IronGiant, spend some time researching HTML5 SDKs and you will find out that there are game-making options far more powerful than AppGameKit is now, with all the FB integration you need, with very detailed guides and instructions...

If you want to do it all in AppGameKit you will have to wait until they release the Java and/or HTML5 versions later this year...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 01:17:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 01:17:05