Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / MP3 error on Windows

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 00:04
Hi,
I installed Nokia Ovi Suite for my "new" N80 corporate smartphone on my laptop, and now I receive the following error at startup of my game "The Black Hole", that loads MP3 files:
Quote: "Failed load get mp3 source pin, are all codecs up to date? at line 743 in root"

Pls TGC developers or support or anyone else could help on this message?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 00:24
I have ovi suite installed on my laptop and I do not get this error? Did you install anything else around the same time?
Have you tried reinstalling AppGameKit?

"here is a an expression to remember - He who has the gold makes the rules."
Paypal disagreed!
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 22:01
I reinstalled AppGameKit, I reinstalled Microsoft Codecs, the error is still there. I think I must post this in the bug tracker.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 23:10
This might be a dumb question.

But, did the game run without error before you installed Nokia Ovi Suite?

And, can you play the mp3 file directly in Windows?

If you could run the game before, the issue would appear to be something that happened when you installed Nokia Ovi Suite.

Have you tried uninstalling Nokia Ovi Suite and see if the error goes away?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I have had an error saying "cannot decode audio filter at line 71 in root" or something to that effect. It was a simple typo, but gave me a error in the part that plays the sound rather than the part that loaded it, a different file completely. This may be a similar problem, then again it may not if you haven't altered the original code that worked at all before the error crept in. Worth a check though.

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2012 21:05
Hi DVader, or you prefer...Daddy
you're right, I did not touched the code. In fact after doing the Nokia stuff, I tried to play my game on the PC (running the EXE), and I got the error. I raised an issue on bug tracker.
In general, there are a lot of problems with MP3 sound management on AppGameKit (and some problems on DarkBasicPro too).
For example, the looping is not properly managed. There is a post about this fact on Android and Tier-2, but with Tier-1 is the same.
But in this case I think that the uninstall of old Nokia drivers and suite caused some mess somewhere in my PC.
The bad news are that all my multimedia applications (Winamp, VLC, WMPm ecc) run perfectly (!), and updating the Coded had no effects.
It would be ideal that TGC developers gave us some hints on the "mysterious error message". I cannot ever figure out what does it means (it looks a little clearer than standard Windows error messages, but only a bit), and googling/binging does not help.
I suppose that Lee and others are 100% busy in preparing the AppGameKit upgrade, so a good choice may be simply to wait for next release. But if SOMEONE is silently reading our conversation, I invite him to give us a ray of light.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2012 21:13
@Ancient Lady

Quote: "But, did the game run without error before you installed Nokia Ovi Suite?"

Yes.

Quote: "And, can you play the mp3 file directly in Windows?"

Yes

Quote: "If you could run the game before, the issue would appear to be something that happened when you installed Nokia Ovi Suite."

Yes, but I do not if the source of the problem is the installation of update Nokia suite or removal of old Nokia suite and drivers...but we'll never know that.

Quote: "Have you tried uninstalling Nokia Ovi Suite and see if the error goes away?"

No, but this is a good piece of advice. But first I would like to have some feedback about the meaning of that error. And in any case, this does not solve the issue, because I need to install the Nokia suite.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 18:36 Edited at: 30th Apr 2012 18:37
The error is cause by DirectShow trying to get the output pin of the loaded MP3 file. It uses this command IBaseFilter::FindPin

I don't know why it would do this, but it sounds like the Ovi Suite messed up DirectShow.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2012 12:59
Thanks! Do you think that I should reinstall DirectX?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2012 17:24
Try this http://www.free-codecs.com/download/directshow_filterpack.htm and if that doesn't work a DirectX update might work, but I'm clutching at straws
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2012 13:33
Thanks, I installed the suggested codecs but nothing happenned.
Anyway I discovered that... the murderess is the butler
It is the Nokia PC Suite (formerly known as OVI PC Suite), as soon as I uninstalled the software (as Ancient Lady suggested), my game began magically to play MP3 files. I suppose that for next update of the phone Symbian OS (if there will be any after Belle, I do not think so, although Bell is quite nice), I'll have to use another PC. This is annoying, but there are no other solutions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 10:40:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 10:40:41