Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Hangman Game Appearance Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys I'm very new to DarkBasic and programming in general. I've created this hangman game and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with the overall layout and appearance of the game. When you play the game I have words overlapping with the gallows, so it looks like crap. Can anyone help me clean this up and make it look prettier? Any help is appreciated and feel free to add or remove anything to my code. Thanks!

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 03:35
Quote: "When you play the game I have words overlapping with the gallows"

How are you playing the game? I had to fix about 10 bugs just to get it to compile. Anyway, my edited version:

Appearance wise I suggest moving the title, gallows (with hangman) and letter spaces to the top right of the screen and then have the record of inputs in the bottom right portion of the screen.

MacMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure how to move them over without screwing everything else up. Can you help a friend out please? thanks again for the help
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 06:45 Edited at: 28th Apr 2012 06:45
I'm going to try to help you out but not give you the answers. You need to do something.

Here's a visual suggestion:

You just need to work out the coordinates.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 05:20:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 05:20:18