Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Trying to clean up my hangman game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've created a hangman game and I am trying to get it cleaned. I have very little programming experience so bare with me. In my game I need to get rid of the word that comes before guess. How can I do this without screwing up my game. I also would like to be able to to let the user know when they have already guessed a letter, as well as make it so only lower case letters are accepted. And how would I input this into my code. Also if you guys can think of anymore advice in order to clean the appearance of my game up that would be great. Thank you!

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2012 14:08
Quote: "I've created a hangman game"

There's something fishy going on here. That code is nearly an exact copy to the code found in this thread. Either you and Macman are the same person or you've copied his code.

If you have:
a) copied the code, you shouldn't claim it as your own but instead acknowledge the person who created it, if you have permission to use the code.
b) made two accounts on TGC forums, quickly forget about one of them or better yet, email a moderator and discuss the situation with them. You may be able to walk away without any serious consequences. There really is no need for duplicate accounts (multiple accounts for the one person).

I assume you're new here and I don't want to frighten you off, so I'm just letting you know the dos and don'ts of the forums.

bulldozer777
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Hodgey I know Macman in real life. Him and I are working on this hangman game together. If you don't believe me I can have him post on this thread as well. Sorry for the confusion.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2012 09:57
Quote: "Him and I are working on this hangman game together."

Ok, that's fine. But you should probably confine your hangman project to just the one thread. There are a few floating around right now so just pick one and let the others sink off the first page.

MacMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Hodgey is there any chance I could get those coordinates for the image that you uploaded on that other thread please? I would really appreciate it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 02:02:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 02:02:34