Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Build 107 - Release Zero Issues

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 01:36
Tier1 v1070 in Windows 7 will have that problem if run from the IDE.

Try running the built executable directly.

That is how I deal with this problem.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 01:46
Quote: "Is anyone having problems closing their app with the red "x" at the top of the app window?"

Quote: "Tier1 v1070 in Windows 7 will have that problem if run from the IDE."

Interestingly, I don't get this problem. I'm on Windows 7 32-bit.

Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 10:32
Quote: "Tier1 v1070 in Windows 7 will have that problem if run from the IDE.

Try running the built executable directly.

That is how I deal with this problem."

Great - yes this seems to be the case. It hasn't crashed yet when run as an executable... Thanks.

Quote: "Interestingly, I don't get this problem. I'm on Windows 7 32-bit."

I have Windows 7 32-bit too...

E
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 14:07
Find build 1071 in your My Products area which will enable the new Advert commands for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. It's so easy you can have yourself registered with Inner-Active and the ad in your app in less than 3 minutes

I tried to quickly compile out some VS2010 libraries for you but it turned out not to be smooth sailing, with a host of new and lovely errors that Microsoft insists on presenting to our VS2008 project. If you can use the Express 2008 workaround for the moment, we'll see what we can do about (a) making VS2010 like our VS2008 libs or (b) creating a full set of VS2010 libraries.

Remember, if you have any issues with 1071 please do report them in Issues Board (http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/list), or even better tag your report/info to any existing bug report that matches yours. Thanks!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Mark Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 14:53
thanks for the particles fix

yo
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee,

For the time being I installed vs2008, but in the future if you can find an easy way around this problem it would be better, as MS will depreciate vs2008 as soon as windows8 picks up.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
QUESTION about 1071

Was the texture size limit of 1024 lifted off in this version?

I would like to do a retina ipad3 app.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 18:48
Please release the player for 1071

I want to test the new draw commands on my android

I have already rewritten the minimap and saved me the use off 317 sprites
Thanks tgc

But i really nead the player before i rewrite the floor renderer!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 22:42
Quote: "Was the texture size limit of 1024 lifted off in this version?"

For iPad3 the limit has been raised to 2048x2048, the other iOS devices remain at 1024x1024. The image will be scaled if it is outside these bounds.

Android now also has an image scaler instead of just crashing.

Quote: "Please release the player for 1071"

We're going to fix all the little issues people find with the new version first and then release the players to the stores so it only has to happen once.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul THANKS A LOT, you!!!
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2012 02:05
Great Paul and Lee!!
I will start test it in a different folder for MAC / iOS Tier 2.
I saw many new commands.
I think AppGameKit is the best native SDK at the moment.
Anyway, while i waited the update i studied and continued my job mixing obj c and c++ and agk with my personal sdk for agk....
Now i'm on the multiplayer, using game center, cause on 2000 download nobody know how to open ports on router firewalls. I wanna suggest to modify the agk network to use game center, or to add a uPnp function.
Well, anyway great job!
Always here t help,
Gekko.

iPhone/iPad Games : Street Karate Fighter - 90s VideoPokers Simulator - Arkanold
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2012 09:26
I am getting linker errors with VS2008 & VS2010 & AGK1071 installations
Did I miss something?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2012 13:57
Tier 1, windows 7 no issues from me.

I live for video games! (And beers, and football, and cars!)
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
1071 has been really great so far!
Well done on delivering the new image manipulation commands!

Just 1 question: Did you make it possible to not create the AppGameKit subdirectory in MyDocuments under Windows (if I provide all the joystick, fonts and other base graphic files in the exe dir), using the SetCurrentDir() or some other command?
Or does all still work like 106 in this department?
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2012 18:48
Is there a different screen size management on Tier 2 Mac?
All my applications get streched to the center.

iPhone/iPad Games : Street Karate Fighter - 90s VideoPokers Simulator - Arkanold
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2012 18:49
Yes, 1071 is working great so far - great job guys; thanks very much!

Quote: "Just 1 question: Did you make it possible to not create the AppGameKit subdirectory in MyDocuments under Windows (if I provide all the joystick, fonts and other base graphic files in the exe dir), using the SetCurrentDir() or some other command?
Or does all still work like 106 in this department? "

I would like to know this too. Is there a command to set the output directory used under My Documents? I would like to be able to set it to publisher and AppName - SetDefaultFolder("{publisher}/{appname}").

E
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
or to not write anything at all. some game competition rules I have been checking out specifically say "game must not write anything outside it's own directory" etc
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "uPnp function"

I second that!

Sean

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 07:31
1071 goes a long way with the map in My Documents. When I run my game Rush to Adventure it creates the folder AppGameKit and RushtoAdventure inside it. In there you get the regular files. But the whole RushtoAdventure folder and its content is deleted when I close the game. If I save content from my editor I get a media folder with the new files, that is of course still there when I close the program but the AppGameKit files are gone.

On PC (and Mac) I wish there wasn't any such folder created at all. People are going to get confused about having an AppGameKit folder in My Documents.

Why do we get all those extra files? I don't use any of them in my game. Wouldn't the EXE (or some other file) get smaller without them? Really wish they didn't exist.

Quite happy with 1071 so far. Want a new Android player though.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Digital Awakening, I had brought this to the attention of TGC last year and also posted on the Bug reports board.

At one point Lee said they will take some action on this matter.

I can understand the need of interpreter files for T1, but for T2 these are useless files. Even embedding all those joystick, font & button files is making the main exe 340k bigger for no reason, especially if I am supplying my own joystick and font files.

For example I for one have no need of virtual joystick, so I just put in a blank graphic file.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 14:14
Ehi BJ, your apps look stretched with the new 107 release Tier 2 ios?

iPhone/iPad Games/Apps : Street Karate Fighter - 90s VideoPokers Simulator - Ball VS Brick - CB RadioBox - Artic
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 14:36 Edited at: 7th May 2012 14:37
no they look ok as always, on 107 t2 ios
i am using 960x640 resolution on iphone so that fits perfectly and agk has to do no resizing. if you use other resolutions i don't know though
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 17:32 Edited at: 7th May 2012 18:10
Strange i tested also doing a new project and it don't fit the screen.
I'm using iOS 5.1 on Mac Lion 10.7.3
Hmmm...
Don't know what to do!!!
Help please!!
I posted an image in the other post i done.

iPhone/iPad Games/Apps : Street Karate Fighter - 90s VideoPokers Simulator - Ball VS Brick - CB RadioBox - Artic
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
your problem is that your game is both landscape & portrait!

make it either landscape only or portrait only!!!!
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 18:19
My apps are always locked on 1 orientation. Never used more than 1.
I noticed it as a bug.
I checked again all the building options in the projects and are the same.
Used new project and the images get stretched just like if it happen in this way:

if i set resolution to 480x320 it strech to 240x160 in the center
and so on like half sized...

apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a problem using the http commands in Android. They work fine in windows, however when running the app on an Android device the submitted http request to the web app (running on the google app engine) returns an error. It says Error 400 (bad request) Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. Below is a screenshot of the error.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 00:55
I am currently uploading build 1072 to our server now. I will finish the upload process Wednesday so you can gain access to the new tweaks from Paul (engine tweaks). If you want your bug to survive the hub-hub, best to report it as a bug in the Issues Board (http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/list) so we can trace it through the various stages and give us a good footing on reproducing it and keeping everyone informed what is being looked at. By all means use this thread to report strange behaviour other members might have an answer to. For proper reproducible bug reports, the board is the place to be. The fix for VS2010 is to install the VS2008 Express Edition (messy I know but I'm happy to blame MS until such time as we can either re-write some rather VS2008 centric code used by some of the new features or release 65MB more lib files into the installer which is not our first choice.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee, eventually you will have to do the VS2010 libs as VS2008 is going to be phased out as the new VS2012 comes out. And when you will add Windows Phone support, you will need to work with VS2012.

For the time being I don't mind having VS2008 there.

Most important are the GetSpriteHit & GetSpriteHitGroup bugs as they are holding my project. The rest of the functions I use seem to work GREAT!!!

Thanks for bringing 2 updates within the space of days & not months!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 14:13
New build 1072 update now available from your My Products section. Thanks for your continued feedback and keep those bugs nestled nicely in the Issues Board (http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/list), hint hint

I agree it looks likely we will be moving to VS2010 libraries, I just don't want to bloat the installer without good reason, and I would rather be working on AppGameKit itself rather than the distribution packages. We will make a point to solve the VS2010 issue properly for build 108. If someone could kindly add it to the above issues board, I will mark it high priority.

Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 14:22
Wohoo!

Any chance of release notes - a list of changes, something like that?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Lee, great work.

How about keeping the main installer for T1 only?

Then making Zip packages for T2 VS2008 and VS2010, like with the Mac version.

That way I don't have to uninstall and reinstall AppGameKit every time! I never use T1 myself.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 16:01
Was the stretch bug on iOS for MAC tier 2 fixed?

polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 17:20
I have AppGameKit 1072 installed on Windows 7 x64 (the girlfriend's laptop heh). I am connecting via RDP from my Debian6 based netbook (until I drag my PC up here anyway).
I can write and compile using the IDE without any problems, but when I try to run the app I get an error complaining that AppGameKit cannot load some bitmap or summat and saying that I should be running in 32bit colour. Now, I would love to have 32bit colour, but this RDP software doesn't support 32bit colour. Is there anyway to run apps in a different color depth?
I'm only using Tier1 to test commands that I've not used before, normally I use Tier2, but it's handy for knocking up quick test routines.

Blackberry App Development & ZX Spectrum Game Development.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 20:20
Is the new android player on the way when you have released a new version of agk ?
The fun part is to see your creations on your mobile device
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 01:48
Lee - the installers are pretty small. My advice would be that relying on old libraries is a bad thing, and most people would rather have a 30 second longer download than have to install out of date compilers.

-- Jim
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 03:59
Quote: "I am connecting via RDP from my Debian6 based netbook"

I've not had good experiences with Remote Desktop Connection and hardware accelerated apps. It doesn't seem to send the window contents, but the messages to recreate it instead. I ended up using RealVNC which does pixel grabbing of the window output.
AgentSam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 07:58
Quote: "I've not had good experiences with Remote Desktop Connection and hardware accelerated apps. It doesn't seem to send the window contents, but the messages to recreate it instead. I ended up using RealVNC which does pixel grabbing of the window output."

RealVNC (or UltraVNC or any VNC implementation for that matter) is all well and good, but it still doesn't solve the 32-bit color requirement problem.

I, for example, have an older laptop which can only do 16-bit output at max... and it would be nice to be able to run AppGameKit code on it anyhow.

So, any fix to be expected to this 32bit vs 16bit output issue? (This problem affects Windows in particular, not sure if the same limitation applies to other devices.)
polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 09:17
Quote: "I've not had good experiences with Remote Desktop Connection and hardware accelerated apps. It doesn't seem to send the window contents, but the messages to recreate it instead. I ended up using RealVNC which does pixel grabbing of the window output. "

I agree, but unfortunately I use RDP because someone is using the PC concurrently while I'm RDP'ing into it. I won't have this problem once I bring my PC up here, Luckily, it isn't big problem for me atm, just occasionally,

Blackberry App Development & ZX Spectrum Game Development.
7RS
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm still having problem with 1072 and link errors, i have only VS2010 installed and also the AppGameKit template doesn't work, with 1065 there aren't problems but i can switch back.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 17:45
Quote: "any fix to be expected to this 32bit vs 16bit output issue?"

Unfortunately a lot of the internals assume 32bit RGBA textures, so it would be a lot of work for not much demand.
7RS
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
i have changed the Platform Toolset to V90 but now instead of have the link error i have a miss of a lib

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'atlsd.lib'

This is when i try to compile the VS2010 template.

Now i have VS2010 and VC++ 2008 both installed but i still can't compile templates and all my projects.

What to do ?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 23:03
I am uploading 1073 now which has more tweaks from Paul and one or two from me. A notable one for me is that the advert banner now shows right away, even if there is no ad to display so you know it's there when you create it. We can chat about how you might want to customise this default view, and more commands for adverts for build 108 after you have had a chance to monetise with the 107 commands. Please let me know if anything in 1073 breaks previous functionality (apart from the VS2010 issue). Dividing up the T1 and T2 is an interesting idea. Does anyone else see this as useful for them? We're already doing a second package for the Mac T2 users, and it would be more a case of making the T1 installer much smaller and moving all the T2 stuff to a zip file Thoughts welcome. When the upload is finished, and I am still awake, I will make them active so you can download them.

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 23:08
Thing is, I won't try 1.07x until VS2010 is worked out. I will spare myself downloading VS2008 .
If you guys would be so kind, please look into it.

Follow me on twitter! @kamac496
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 23:19
@Lee

Can you give us an idea how long before the 107x updates for the other platforms will be released, Blackberry PlayBook etc?

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee thanks for considering the idea of splitting T1 & T2 installers. I hope this won't involve many hours of extra work
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Kamac if you need the new commands why wait?
Just install VS2008 and when the fix comes out uninstall it!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 23:33 Edited at: 11th May 2012 23:35
As someone who is working in both the Windows and Mac world, separating out the Mac stuff into it's own zip file would make things much simpler for me.

I would greatly appreciate the streamlining of just Mac stuff in a Mac zip and just Windows/Android/<other non-mac> stuff in the Windows installer.

Splitting T1/T2 isn't as useful as splitting out platforms that are sorta mutually exclusive.

I don't know if that makes it more difficult for the AppGameKit developers or not. Maybe it's just a packaging issue. I would assume that you are using some sort of tool to build the packages (zip/msi) automagically and that it is configurable.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
After all the critics for the delay in 107, TGC have thrown 3 updates our way in a matter of days!!!!

you
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 23:42
Changelog?

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
Almus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 23:46
Good idea to leave T2 on a separate .zip file,

Its possible to just put the files that were modified in the update, so we would have to replace only the modified files?

Sorry for the bad english.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 07:14:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 07:14:58