Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Seeking volunteers to help bring DarkGDK 2.0 to C# and VB.NET

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 15:07 Edited at: 9th May 2012 15:14
DarkGDK 2.0 utilizes a different code base than DarkGDK 1.0 and as such the previous releases of DarkGDK .NET will not longer be compatible.

I have been given the task of taking up the reigns for supporting DarkGDK 2.0 as a full TGC-branded product. However, I do not have any previous experience with .NET products. Because of this, the current incarnation of DarkGDK 2.0 does not have native .NET support. However, this can change with your help!

The requirements are that you be familiar with the process required to port C++ code to C# and/or VB.NET. I can make myself available over Skype or other IM clients to assist in the conversion process.

DarkGDK 2.0 has been designed from the ground up to be easily ported to other programming languages. Therefore expect the code required for the transition to range somewhere between 800 to 1200 lines of code (easy!). Rebuilding all of the OO classes as well will take some additional effort beyond this.

Feel free to post a reply here or contact me directly at matt@darkgdk.com.

This is also a fantastic opportunity for you DarkGDK .NET people who may have always wanted to see some new features which were previously unavailable.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 09:29:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 09:29:14