Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Player - "Version Error..."

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 23:24
Has anyone came across the error when trying to broadcast to a device?

I have been having a hard time getting anything to broadcast to the player.

First it was "Last Error" message, and then when I got by that, I got "Failed to connect to server IP", and then after that I get this "Version Error: Update the player to continue".

I just wanted to know if someone has been through this. Right now it just seems like its me having these problems; because I've been searching through the forums, and I haven't came across any related topics.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
With the release of AppGameKit 1.07, the existing AppGameKit players (e.g., those currently available on iTunes and Android Market) will not work. You will need to recompile the player yourself using the latest interpreter files or wait for TGC to release the updated versions. The latest Android version can be found at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=196684&b=41 (thx Marl).
ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2012 05:24
Quote: "You will need to recompile the player yourself using the latest interpreter files or wait for TGC to release the updated versions."

I figured as much. I need to get me a Mac.

Thanks!
Jimmanator
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know where to get the playbook 1.07 Agk player or its source.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2012 19:24
ThrOtherJoJo, if you have a monitor, mouse and keyboard available, go with the Mac Mini.

You can get better disk/memory/power than one of the laptops and it is cheaper.

And you can put up to two monitors on it. I have dual 21" monitors and love it.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 02:02
Thanks! Ancient Lady. I was comtemplating between a used mac book or a Mac Mini.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 16:50
A Mac Mini is much cheaper, even after you get a monitor/keyboard/mouse.

And it looks pretty cool. And takes up a lot less space than my Windows and Linux boxes. (Of course, I can't open it up and tinker with it.)

And it is a very stable machine.

Since I brought my Mac Mini online (February), I've only had to reboot it three times. Two times were because of core OS updates and the third was because, being the brilliant screw up only a 'smart' programmer can be, I used the command line to kill a process that was hung, but killed the wrong one and really hung the entire computer.

My Linux box has running continuously for too many months to remember.

My Windows box (in my 'office') has spontaneously rebooted (blue screen of death) or had display/keyboard scrambles about 2 to 3 times a week. My 'home' Windows box only reboots about once every couple of weeks.

Yup, Mac (which is actually *nix based) and Linux are way more stable.

The back of my iPad (two months old) says 'I have joined the dark side...' and I am finding that it works nicely.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 17:06
Just out of interest, what kind of price are mac mini's with a decent spec to write Tier2 code?
I have checked online, yet I have no idea whether the prices are decent or not, heh

Blackberry App Development & ZX Spectrum Game Development.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 17:45
I went with a new Mac Mini 2.3GHz, 8GB RAM and 500GB drive, direct from Apple. Currently, about $900.

As I always tell anyone asking, you want as much RAM as you can afford.

While I don't shop on eBay, it looks like the best price for the same configuration (2.3GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB drive) is about $750. If you can believe and trust what the seller says, it is a new, unopened box.

Pretty much most anyplace that sells one new is selling at about the Apple direct prices.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 00:03
Just as an update, the Android version of AppGameKit Player 107 is now in the Marketplace (those Android guys are FAST). If you want the AppGameKit Viewer that works with the latest AppGameKit, that's available from the App Store right now. If you want the AppGameKit Player 107 for your iOS devices then you will need to use our AppGameKit Player Service to comply with the Apple rules on the subject. For more information, visit this link: http://www.appgamekit.com/basic.php at the bottom of the page.

Windows player is part of the latest 1074 update being prepared now, and the Mac version will be submitted to the Mac Store Wednesday if all goes well.

The other platforms are not coded for the 107 commands as yet and will come in as second wave support. To continue using these AppGameKit Players, I suggest reverting to the 1065 build which has been re-enabled in your TGC My Products section.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
seems like 1074 will be here any day now!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:36:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:36:49