Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Mute sound in Silent mode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 15th May 2012 10:52 Edited at: 15th May 2012 10:57
It would be nice to have essential commands that are basic requirements to pass cerification on certain app stores.

Resuming app after system interrupts is mandatory for most stores - I hope that has been fixed in 107+
Another essential one is to be able to mute sound when phone is in Silent mode. Its not possible to do this in Tier 1 and would be most welcome. I had an app rejected because it failed this test

Hope TGC can implement essential commands based on certification requirements in future releases

Alternately is there any way to make native API calls from tier 1, for Android
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
On ios AppGameKit apps resume after they have been minimised and if the phone is put on silent there is no sound.

so on what platforms does this not work well?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 17:13
For the Android devices, the GetResumed() command works well to let you know that the game had been sent to the background.

For both Android and iOS, I've experienced that the app does go into a paused state and resumes where it left off when sent to the background.

I'm not playing music in the background, so I don't know if that would be paused as well.

In Windows and Mac, when the app is minimized, it keeps playing.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Music is silenced too in the background on iOS
kdf
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 16th May 2012 21:25
For Android the getRingerMode() method in AudioManager is used to determine whether it is in silent, vibrate, or ringer mode
So you can check the mode and mute the audio.

This is required so that when the user has selected silent mode, your app should also be muted whenever it is run. Not just when the app goes into the background during system interrupts.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 09:04:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 09:04:01