Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK error, I cant run the app

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 16:40 Edited at: 16th May 2012 16:47
Hey everyone, i recently just purchased AppGameKit (finally) .
The install went fine, but when i tried running the application i got this error message.

[img][/img]
CLICK TO ENLARGE.

I did have the trial version of AppGameKit on my pc, but i made sure to uninstall it first. I tried to see if i could uninstall AppGameKit 107 but it never appeared in my control panels installed application menu. The install process never really asked me for the serial codes, where do i use it?

Thanks,

Programming and video games, what else could you need?
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 17:14
try this if you have another agk program on your computer uninstall it and install the new one. I think the trial one is messing with the new one.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps.
Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase.
Veterian for the military.
SimpleProgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 17:19
@3d point in space

Thanks, i have already uninstall every other agk program off my pc, but i still get this error. But thats also just the thing, after i run the agk 1074 windows installer it does not show up as an installed application in my control panel. This is getting to be quiet frustrating.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 17:40 Edited at: 16th May 2012 17:42
try restarting the computer after uninstalling it.
after you uninstall it also try going to program files and erase the folder.
then erase the stuff in user/documents/agk
that is where agk puts the stuff.

make sure you installer only once and then enter activation code.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps.
Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase.
Veterian for the military.
SimpleProgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 17:55
@3d point in space

Tried all of that a still nothing.
App game kit does not show up in the programs and software section in my control panel, and i still get the error message.

The installer never asked for the activation code. I never saw anything asking for it. I have no idea what to do.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 18:42
The link for your image enlargement isn't working for me, so I cannot see the specific error.

Can you install v1073?

If you can, then run the v1074 installer thing. It does NOT require that the previous version be uninstalled.

I ran it on top of my v1073 installation and then started up the AppGameKit IDE and rebuilt my app and all was good.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
SimpleProgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 20:13
I just purchased AppGameKit, so i can only download the v1074 installer (I think). Im not sure what could be the problem, i might just format my hard drive and give the whole thing another try.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 20:40
Well, I just tried to do a fresh installation of 1074 (using one of my virtualised Windows 'boxes').

It installed fine and tried to start.

The error dialog had this to say:
Quote: "codeblocks.exe has stopped working"

I was never asked for my serial code. Which might be what codeblocks is looking for?

And, AppGameKit does not show up in the installed programs list.

I just tried using the 1074 installer on my travel laptop (Windows 7, might have had AppGameKit Trial installed and uninstalled). After installing, it complained about not finding the authentication file when the IDE tried to start.

When I used the 1074 exe to update an existing 1073 installation, it knew exactly where to put it and everything went smoothly.

So, while the 1074 installer (updater) is fine for people updating existing installations, it does not work for brand new ones.

I am going to post this in the google list.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2012 01:09
This was a problem with the serial code being removed from the new installer, and fowling the IDE. Simply add your serial code to this file (AGK\IDE\Editor\userdetails.ini) and you will be fine. I am updating the main installer file now so alternative you can download Thursday and try again

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 06:51:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 06:51:24