Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Request - Shaders

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 11:49
Hey.

How epic would it be if AppGameKit would support writing external shaders.. I would love to have that feature, but I am unsure if it's even possible to implement it.

Can anybody tell me if it's ever going to be supported?

Follow me on twitter! @kamac496
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 12:35
you talking about later stage in here. the 3d commands are not out yet to support shaders. if you're looking for 2d pixels shaders then you'd better do it on your graphics software.

am sure that future commands will support all that but you're still able to create some illusion with AGK.

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 12:53
Quote: "you talking about later stage in here. the 3d commands are not out yet to support shaders. if you're looking for 2d pixels shaders then you'd better do it on your graphics software."

It would be better if AppGameKit could support 2d pixel shaders natively. (shaders such as this one)

This is just a request.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
You don't need any 3d commands for shader support. AppGameKit is already using 3d planes!

+1 for pixel shader support BEFORE 3d! We could add a whole lot of super sfx using shaders!
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 14:50
Quote: "You don't need any 3d commands for shader support. AppGameKit is already using 3d planes!"

That's what I was thinking, but basjak confused me .

Quote: "+1 for pixel shader support BEFORE 3d! We could add a whole lot of super sfx using shaders!"

I second this.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe, once they get AppGameKit working 100%. They have too many odd issues to get sorted first! And as long as the speed of the shaders is a whole lot better than DB, or it's just not useful.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
DB shaders were limited by a fixed pipeline I think. They were very limited.

For me, AppGameKit works great as it is now! if it wasn't you will see me complaining in all threads!!!

There are some things that I don't like 100% but there are workarounds. No sdk is perfect.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I am fairly happy with AppGameKit, but there are issues still. Such as my adverts don't display on android, at all anymore. Sound is ropey on android also. I'm sure all will be fixed soon, or at least I hope so. I'm sure there are other issues on other devices I have no idea about, all these need getting working before new stuff is added.
I'm all for improvements, and shaders could be pretty nice. Probably much more likely when the 3D engine is introduced though than beforehand. In fact I would probably expect it in a 3D release.
Unfortunately for the advert bug, I see no workaround apart from a total rewrite of the movement and scrolling code. Not a task I fancy much at this late stage of development. I am hopeful this particular bug will be squashed in the next couple of days.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 12:32:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 12:32:28