Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 1074 Android player runs in background

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 16:56
Installed the new 1074 Android player today. I noticed that it runs at 50% CPU (on my Galaxy S2) even when minimized. The way I noticed was that my phone got hot while in my pocket, screen off. Previous versions of the player have stopped running completely when minimized. I don't know if the older versions were running with the screen off before. You could resume it after the screen was off.

I wouldn't mind if the player could handle multitasking but it should not run full speed while minimized. It is a problem when the phone runs hot and it is also a big drain on the battery.

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 18:35
i have galaxy nexus and I didn't notice that. my phone didn't get hot and no effect on the battery.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 19:01
Have you updated to the latest version of the player? Check Play Store if there is an update.

Start the player. Minimize it. Start the task manager. I got the player running at almost 50% CPU.

Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 22:47
Quote: " I got the player running at almost 50% CPU."

Another way to look at this is that the CPU was running at over twice the capacity needed by the app.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem, just that there is more than one way to look at what the numbers mean.

To save power, a lot of Android phones - including the S2 - Throttle the CPU when it's not needed.
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 23:21
@digital: yes I have all the latest builds installed.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2012 10:31
Marl:
It shouldn't run in the background anyway.

BTW, I just had the stand by mode running. I wonder what happens if I have a game running, might take up less cpu.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 08:15:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 08:15:27