Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Trial to full version conversion?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2012 21:47
Hi,
I'm a bit of a "part-time" programmer, so sometimes can loose interest in things, very quickly! I am going to get the trial of AppGameKit, but I'd just like to know:

If I build a game in the trial version, can I just buy the full version when the games almost ready, or will games built in the trial still have locked watermarks, and stuff I couldn't just remove when I upgrade to the full version?

As I almost never have any spare cash, I'm always cautious when buying sftware, in case I never get the hang of it, and give up!

Thanks!
Pilz X Schizo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2012 22:13
Yes you can do exactly that. Just re-compile your project with the full version and you will be all set.
Sparrowhawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2012 22:15
Ok, I hoped it would be that simple, Thanks,
Does the trial lock after 30 Days?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2012 22:20 Edited at: 21st May 2012 22:21
The trial is not the complete AppGameKit, it only lets you do Windows builds. But it will not lock after any time period.

Also, if you buy the trial and then the full, you need to uninstall the trial first AND move any projects you create to the new path.

AGK trial gets installed in <wherever>/AGKTrial and AppGameKit full gets installed in <wherever>/AGK. You do not have the option to change the last part of the install path ('AGKTrial' and 'AGK').

The uninstall of the trial version should not delete any project directories you make, but it will delete everything else.

I also don't know if the trial version is up to date with the current full version, v1074.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Sparrowhawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2012 23:26
Ok, thanks for the information.
I just needed to check that the projects were transferable, and you have confirmed that

I will start attempting to learn how to code when my exams are over!
Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 09:44:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 09:44:52