Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / mfc with windows example

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2012 18:28 Edited at: 31st May 2012 01:45
this shows off how you can mix mfc with windows. This Example only works with windows though. This is an c++ example of baxslash example but uses mfc instead. I included a mfc format of a brushcolor. Here is a fake tool bar also.

This is a fixed version of the mfc I didn't want to repost. The last version the menu didn't work really so I fixed that so it does work. This menu is simular to baxslash program of charactor workshop. save/load/ and bitmap are included in this version.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps.
Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase.
Veterian for the military.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2012 18:31 Edited at: 30th May 2012 18:16
here is a screen shot of it in use I have menu's and a simple brush example in this download.

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2012 18:50
Looks nice @3d point in space!

I'll take a look. I'd like to work in C# for my tools (like the Character Workshop) but the C# wrapper is not up to date and I haven't tried using forms with AppGameKit running in a console window. I'll be interested to see your own process for this.

Thanks for sharing!

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2012 23:14 Edited at: 29th May 2012 23:51
Yea I tried mfc tool bars but they seem too disappear after the first frame. I bet this is because of sync() varible. I also tried to undate the window with within the loop and the toolbars still disappear: I guess you have to make a fake toolbar. ShowWindow(hWndToolbar,SW_SHOW); UpdateWindow(hWndToolbar); This didn't take long because I just used code that I had and changed it a little.

I guess I can redo character work shop but I don't like doing work again. You seem like you got it in hand baxslah, because i can use mfc to make it look a little nicer.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2012 18:10
here are some fake tool bar icons. they can be used in other projects that use mfc. Includes a png of the icons/ png of highlight of a icon/ and a toolstrip.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:50:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 01:50:20