Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / We need an RGB indexed function. Let we decide to use perfect pixel!

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2012 05:08
I know it can be a slow down performance for a game, but if well coded the performance is the same.
I ask to TGC to let us get the indexed data of PNG RGBA.
So we can take the colors of every pixel in a image or sprite.

I need it.
And needing a thing that will never be, is a very sad thing.

iPhone/iPad Games/Apps : Street Karate Fighter - 90s VideoPokers Simulator - Ball VS Brick - CB RadioBox - Artic
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2012 11:11
There are a wide number of uses for this that are very useful in DBPro. I'll happily fly the flag for this idea with TGC.

I've already wanted this a number of times on several projects.

Have you posted it on the bug board?

+1

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
+1 for more image manipulation 2d commands
polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2012 15:40
+1 again,

Blackberry App Development & ZX Spectrum Game Development.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I would love this feature, to be able to read/write raw pixel data similar to memblock capabilities found in DBPro. It has many practical uses for both games and general applications.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 03:29
Yes i already asked this function, but the first time i asked as
ChangeColor(R, G, B, A, R2, G2, B2, A2);

RGBA old colors
R2 G2 B2 A2 new colors.

For example now i need it to change the sprite clothes color, shoes color skin color, as i asked in the bug issues. But i wanna change a precise color not all the RGB range.

Anyway, the perfect pixel collision can be used also on a 1/3 of the image, or 1/4 or 1/5 and so on.
So the performance problem is for the coder, not for the TGC or AGK.

So please insert this function!!!
Please support us to ask this in the issue list.

iPhone/iPad Games/Apps : Street Karate Fighter - 90s VideoPokers Simulator - Ball VS Brick - CB RadioBox - Artic
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 03:39 Edited at: 31st May 2012 03:41
i want a Direct Memory Access at pixel level to the backbuffer ! Without any image definition or sprite definition ! only pixel access !

I have used this with another "2D" Dev Environment (dedicated to iOS) to create a 3D Engine (with perspective texturing and occlusion culling, OBJ/3DS Loader etc...) from scratch it was a good challenge With AppGameKit it could be really great !

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 16:32 Edited at: 31st May 2012 16:33
Yes Mike, i understand what you mean now. I used DF before and i used the same pixel manipulaion.
+1 for you!!!

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I used to use the colour checking commands in DB all the time. I used it for sprite or zone collision mainly, but it is very useful! If used sparingly I had better speed than using DB's collision that is for sure. I was kinda expecting to see it along with the image grabbing commands, I was surprised to see it wasn't included, as it complements the commands well, and gives you the ability to attempt blue screen type trimming effects on images.
I agree this should be on TGC's list so to speak.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 01:36
Yes, if i was TGC, the first command i would insert was just this.
Is the most important command for the 2D gaming.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 17:53:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 17:53:37