Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Inneractive - Ad Experiences...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 15:47
I'd be interested to hear from other people around the world, what your experiences are with using Inneractive Adverts?

I have an app which is currently supporting these ads but all I ever seem to get is the same 'Ebay' advert... Never anything else... I was wondering if anyone would care to share their experiences (I'm from the UK by the way)...
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I have played a little so far and it seems ok. I also haven't seen a lot of ads, I think I have seen 3 different ones so far since starting. 2 in reality as the 3rd was a youtube link rather than a facebook link, but for the same xbox 360 game.
Early days, but we shall see in the fullness of time. At least my payments are showing up ok etc. Not that I have had many yet , but considering it is just my tests I think it looks fairly good so far. Of course I haven't used any other scheme of this nature before, so have nothing to compare against. I was hoping for more ads to show. Perhaps it is based on the number of users playing the game?

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 17:55
Where abouts are you from DVader if you don't mind me asking? I suspect your location has a big impact, for example maybe the US have alot more ad coverage than the UK?
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 18:07 Edited at: 31st May 2012 20:14
@funnell: I'm using inneractive through AppGameKit and android and it worked very well. I made until now about £2 by installing my app for people that I know. next week, tow apps will be ready on android play store and am looking forward to a lot of people use my apps.

one small advice is do not show that you're add hungry on your app and put the add somewhere that doesn't annoy users otherwise they reply with uninstalling your app.

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 18:10
Quote: "US have alot more ad coverage than the UK"

this is not true. the add will target the location and the number of people are downloading your app.

the more people click on your adds the more inneractive will trafic advertisers to the users.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 18:23 Edited at: 31st May 2012 18:25
I am from the UK, Funnell7. I have recently put a demo of my snake snacker competition entry up for people to try, which has adverts in. I can see a few people from different countries have tried it. No clicks as yet though Still time will tell, and it is nice to see where in the world people are playing your game!
I have also noticed the only people paying me are apple, followed in second place by android, but a very poor second place percentage wise. Apple are my main men by the looks!
It would be nice to see anything other than Dogma and audio book ads though lol ;p

Edit Oh I see the ebay advert also, but only when I run the game on my android device, not the PC. I have seen a battery one on android also

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 18:24 Edited at: 31st May 2012 18:33
Quote: "the more people click on your adds the more inneractive will trafic advertisers to the users"

Thats interesting... Thanks basjak...

@DVader, yeah its good to see where your app is being used... My recent app is for the Euro 2012 Sticker Album and so far our most impressions are from Australia who arn't even in the Euro
nja
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm planning to release an app in the next month or so with ads. So, I'm just wondering if you need to fill out any tax information with inneractive to get paid? I know you do with admob, but I was having trouble finding that info on the inneractive site.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 18:51 Edited at: 31st May 2012 18:52
Inneractive pays through Paypal. You need to declare your income and take care of paying taxes yourself
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 20:17
I had after two weeks:
-ebay.
-donga.
-audio books.
-one philips.

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 23:23
I see localization based-ads. Maybe they use the IP address, since there are no geolocalization API. For example in Italy I see ads from Wind Italy, and IKEA ads in Italian. Moreover I see many ads from Rage of Beahmut or something similar, a card game similar to Magic or Yu-Gi-Oh!
I see also some "strange" ads, like "call these numbers" or subscribe something via SMS or picture of models, and I do not like very much these kind of advertisement since I do not find them very honest.
Fortunately I collected only 1.4$, a long way to receive a payment (minimum 200$ with check).
Moreover I confirm that earnings with Android are very small, and there are also some people sending you mail asking for money (15$ or similar) with the promise to raise your rank in Google Play...in English these kind of people should be called tricksters or crooks, right?
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Emails? Never thought you would get that sort of thing. Will have to keep an eye out for that. I have yet to release an app using ads yet beyond a small demo.
I can't imagine $15 doing a massive amount for your google play rankings tbh. So yeah, probably trying their luck.

Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 01:51
Quote: ".in English these kind of people should be called tricksters or crooks, right?"

Probably the most common terms are
- Con artist ( confidence tricksters).
- Scam artists ( or Scammers ).

But crooks is a good description.

The net is riddled with them.

Vermin is the best word - preying on people who often can't afford it. Makes my blood boil.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 02:11
Could you add Bankers to that list, please?

-- Jim
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 02:47
And don't forget lawyers (American vernacular).

I don't know if barristers and solicitors (British system) fall in the same category.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 11:08
Some years ago I bought in a little market of London an old pub sign with the writing "The honest lawyer". There was the picture of an English layer, in ancient garments and a whig, but with the head under the arm (like a ghost).
I think that the message is "the only honest lawyer is...a dead/ghost lawyer". Luckily my wife doesn't read this forum, since she is a lawyer (working for a public administration)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 11:44
The Honest Lawyer is used for many pubs in the UK. It's not very common, but there's a handful. You don't always get them around courts either, there is one in a village called Ripponden, miles from anywhere.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 16:28
I've only interacted with a few lawyers over the years (fortunately) and have only had one that didn't end up either giving me bad advice or being quite incompetent. Fortunately, the good one was the one I had review the separation agreement I drew up (using great legalese) when my ex decided he wanted out of the marriage. But, then, I only had to deal with him once.

MarcoBruti, I'm sure you wife would not fall into either of those categories.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2012 19:54
Because she works for public administration, so although after law degree and two years practice, she has passed her examination to become a lawyer, she found a job at a public office. It is better, because 1) she doesn't earn a lot but a least at the end of the month the salary is guaranteed 2) she is really honest and to defend criminals is not her ideal (unless you are Perry Mason and all of your customers are innocent).
Itay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 19:37 Edited at: 5th Jun 2012 12:55
Hi Funnell7, My name is Itay, VP Marketing at inneractive.
As you probably know, our app monetization exchange automatically mediates over 100 global and local premium ad networks and agencies. This enables us to serve a variety of campaigns in more than 200 countries. Therefore, what you've described is something we would like to thoroughly investigate. Feel post more details here and I'll have our tech team look into it.

Itay
Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 18:06 Edited at: 9th Jun 2012 18:07
I just got an ad in an app I'm working on.

I like puzzles, so clicked it to find out more and it took me to a green card lottery site.

http://usagc.mobi/?msgm=meinnepa/

I have no interest in a green card and can't find any games on there at all.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 16:49:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 16:49:32