Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Edit Box - Text not showing correctly

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 13:35 Edited at: 4th Jun 2012 13:35
The image below shows my edit box. I've included a button that uses the same font, so you can see how it should look. I can't work out what I'm doing wrong, you'll see from the code that I'm changing every parameter in the AppGameKit Kingdom to try and fix it, but to no avail. You can even see that things like the border don't show.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 13:51
I haven't played around with edit boxes yet but I had a quick scan of the commands. What happens if you add:

setEditBoxActive(eBox,1)

to the end of that section of code?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 14:00
Thanks Hodgey....I've just realised that this code I posted wasn't being called, I have two versions of this function as I develop it. The problem code was:

It looks like a 100% transparent background causes a problem with the text placed on it.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 14:14
Quote: "I've just realised that this code I posted wasn't being called"

That made me crack up and nicely timed, I was in need of a laugh.

Quote: "It looks like a 100% transparent background causes a problem with the text placed on it."

So the text appearance is still problematic? I try this out tomorrow and give you a second opinion unless someone beats me to it.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 17:16
I think you may need to do the setEditBoxFontImage before you start setting sizes and such.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 17:13:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 17:13:31