Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / iOS code generated by Tier 1 Basic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am actually developing a game using Tier 1 Basic language in a Windows environment. The gameis oriented to iOS mobile devices and this means it will be offered in iTunes. I have seen that I can generate code from my platform to Apple using a Mac PC. Based on this information, I have the following questions:

1. Is the code generated for the iOS of good quality ?
2. Is there a possibility that Apple rejects my game because it was not written with their tools?
3. Can Apple detect good/bad executable code?
4. Is there additional useful information I need to know in order to offer my game in iTunes?

I will very much appreciate if my questions are answered making a reference to their respective number.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 18:13
Based on my experience:
1. Yes
2. Don't know, but the final product is built with Xcode, so they should not have an issue based on that
3. They will do performance tests, but they never see the actual code. Your app will have to behave based on their standards (and I cannot find the page right now, but they'll point you to it when you sign up.)
4.a. You need to sign up as an iOS developer with Apple ($99/year)
4.b. Have a Mac and install Xcode (TGC is updating the guide for Xcode4, the current version, and I've posted my version of the Xcode4 guide elsewhere in this forum.
4.c. Look at what other people do in their offerings in the App store and model on that.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
1. the code is as good as the programmer is. this applies to all languages not just agk t1 or c++

2. if you are developing the game using agk t2 in c++ & xcode then i think it will be quite hard to distinguish from any other application written just using xcode & the native sdk. if you are using t1 then your bytecode file is present in the final ipa archive, but i doubt apple will analyse the file structure of ipa files.

3. if your code is bad, and the app crashes a lot, then apple won't like that!

4. make a good game with attractive design and good playability and you won't have any problems.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
and most importantly of all... take a look at the AppGameKit Gallery, there are many apps written in agk and already released on the appstore so why all these worries?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 22:13:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 22:13:07