Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Can we have a forum only for AGK updates?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 12:05
Can we please have a forum only for updates for AGK.
That way we can see when a new update is out and whats been added/fixed.

Check my games for iPad, Android Table and PlayBook.
www.ipad-apps.dk
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah no kidding. Lee and Rick please do something about this. I thought at least with the newletter we are better informed. No instead you take that away and we're left with the news section on the front website that doesn't talk about updates. If you want a good example of how the website should be designed take a look at www.garagegames.com. Organize the site around news and information, it can be done.
Trisect Development
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 21:38
Please!

Check my games for iPad, Android Table and PlayBook.
www.ipad-apps.dk
Krisacz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 10:43
I agree, any updates/fixes etc should be at least officially announced in sticky topic on the forum with list of things what have changed/been fixed/added. At the moment the only way to find out abut new version is to go to my account section and spot new download it would be much appreciated by everyone if we would know it from official source.

Regards
AgentSam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 05:52
I second this.

Release announcements and Release Notes are currently almost non-existent.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 07:18
Though I agree with the above... I wanted to add a logical approach to this and state...

Social Media fragmentation as well as that Google code thing being thrown in the mix...

TGC is on Twitter, Facebook, Google Code, TGC Forum, TGC Website, TGC News Section, AppGameKit Website, Email, ... *sigh*... [anything else?]

I see it from this point of view and fully understand the challenge faced by the team...

WHERE TO PUBLISH THIS DATA SO THAT WE CAN REACH EVERYBODY...

My solution... Use the News Section and direct social network users to it such as a twitter tweet, Facebook update and the like...

And my view of this Google code thing... I don't like it much... [but should I ever adapt it for whatever reason in the future... I stand corrected]

Besides, someone always informs us all on the forum and I just check the RSS feeds haha

Trisect Development
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 18:23
NO not on FaceBook!!
I'm not on FB and will never be.

Please just make a forum for updates.

Check my games for iPad, Android Tablet and PlayBook.
www.ipad-apps.dk
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 19:45
Not on FaceBook, not on MySpace, not tweeting, none of it!

I found all of those took more time than I wanted to give up.

Plus, I'm not a fan of putting that much of my life (never mind what I post here) where anyone slurping about could get at it.

I created my own site to share my travels and pretty much only my friends and family look at it.

I'm perfectly happy to have a sticky thread here that I check.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
They need to do their website just like Garagegames. Even though I don't like GG their website design is spot on.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Ancient Lady, you could just add family & friends to FB and keep your profile private!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 23:03
I think my point was missed...

They channel the social network feeds to the TGC sote which means updates are held here only

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 23:14
bjadams, I did that, but it still was way more time than I wanted to spend.

And keeping it set to private doesn't stop hackers from trying to get into your information.

I don't post anything I care about anywhere that I don't have full control of it. Especially pictures.

The moment you post any pictures on any of those sites, you lose ownership. Sorry, I have a tendency to get into rants about privacy issues. So many people are giving up their lives to the internet.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not that important that FB will want to make anything with the 4 pictures i have on FB!!!

I just keep people I actually know in FB.

Today the problem is that if you say you do not have FB, some people might think you are fishy or acting up, wanting to hide something from them!!!

I know it's CRAZY, but it happened to me a few times, getting that weird look!!!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 23:43
A L...

I agree with you thats why I only have 1 picture of myself on FB for a long time I did not but I am starting to build up professional contacts so it nakes sense to have just 1 haha...

bjadams... They can use your photo to advertise FB unless you choose not to allow it in the options...

A L...

frankly your local political candidate guy has probably already dropped a USB stick with all your medical data which was unencrypted somewhere on a train... It does happen so FB is small talk... Hehe just balancing off the balance

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 23:43
I would also like a board just for official threads. Even better if you can get an RSS feed from it. Open Pandora switched to that method and it works great.

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2012 00:46
I won't rant about this, but I see Facebook occupying ridiculous amounts of my grandchildren's time in an ever-connected sea of utter trivia.

A sticky topic with email notification seems to me to be more than adequate.

-- Jim
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2012 01:52
Quote: "A sticky topic with email notification seems to me to be more than adequate."

I agree with this. Just a sticky at the top of this board plus an email would be fine. I don't think an entire board is necessary for notifying us of updates.

AgentSam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2012 04:40
Quote: "A sticky topic with email notification seems to me to be more than adequate."

Consensus reached. Make it so.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2012 07:46

Agreed also... this works fine in the DBPro board.

Regarding FB, I don't worry or care too much what other people do on FB or what they think about me using it. Use it or don't. Helps me keep in touch with people I lost touch with years ago and TGC are always posting useful information and news there. It's up to you what you share or don't share and I can assure you all that people who spend hours talking trivial rubbish on Facebook would do it on the phone or by text otherwise. We follow what interests us in life and when we're young it tends to be trivial. What FB does have going for it is a wealth of variety of people sharing much more than trivia (at least in my list of friends)...

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2012 17:13

Gets my vote.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2012 19:00
My vote too,

Blackberry App Development & ZX Spectrum Game Development.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 09:23:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 09:23:39