Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Errors when running in Debug (VS10)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am going crazy trying to get my project to run in debug. It does run and compile fine in release.

These are the errors I get when running in debug.

My current VS10 projectconfig:

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
correct me if i'm wrong, but vs2010 support is for release only.

you need to use the v90 trick to have debug working, and have vs2008 installed.
Gehrig
Years of Service
User Offline
Cripes! I didn't realize that. Release only, aye? So basically, don't use VS10
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 01:30
Gehrig, what version of AppGameKit are you running? I also experienced some problems with the Debug build.

bjadams, as of v1075 (certainly v1076), you don't need the fixes you mentioned.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 02:15 Edited at: 11th Jun 2012 02:28
Using a template from 1076, I'm able to get both debug and release compiling and running (mind you it's just a simple "Hello World" program).

I'm no wizard with Visual Studio so I'll list everything I did to get it to work.

1. Make a copy of the template_vs10 folder and paste it somewhere you're going to remember - this is project we're going to be working with.
2. Open the solution (if it wants to convert it, let it).
3. In the solution explorer, click on the project and go into the properties.
4. Click on Configuration -> VC++ directories tab and link the "Include" (IDE - common - include), "Library" (remember to select the vs2010 version) and "Source" (IDE-platforms-windows) files to the corresponding AppGameKit files.
5. In C/C++ general, you'll see "Additional Include Directories". Change this to an absolute path i.e, go browsing for the Include (same one as in step 4)
6. In Linker->General, find "Additional Library Directories" and change that to an absolute path i.e, go browsing for the Library->VS2010->Debug folder (same as in step 4).
7. Click Ok.

I'm pretty sure that's everything I did but I can't guarantee that'll result in successful compilation in Debug mode (I've only tried it on one project). Good luck!

Edit-Just went through my steps with a fresh copy of the template_vs10 folder and got both debug and release compiling and running.

One thing that may not be necessary is linking to the "Source" folder in step 4 as I didn't do it this time and everything still ran but I'll leave it in there anyway, just in case.

Gehrig
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the replies.

Where do you find the version? The editor just says build: 107. Also, I am using the trial version as I am awaiting approval for the full version.

@Hodgey - I get the same results after making the changes you suggested.

FYI - My posts are delayed due to be a new member.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 04:05
Which version of VS2010 are you using? Express? Professional?

I'm currently using VS 2010 express C++.

Just from your screen shots, also try deleting the atls part in the Linker->Input->Ignore Specific Default Libraries. So all it should have is atlsd in there.

Could you also upload screenshots of Configuration->VC++ Directories and C/C++ -> General?

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 09:13
tagging in

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 20:44
Gehrig, I think that you need to wait until you can install the latest version of AppGameKit for your problems to go away.

Remember to completely uninstall the trial version before you install the full version.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Gehrig
Years of Service
User Offline
@Ancient Lady - That is my hope as well.

I am using VS10 Ultimate.

My project is the AppGameKit vs10 template in it's original path.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 01:45 Edited at: 12th Jun 2012 01:48
Quote: "Gehrig, I think that you need to wait until you can install the latest version of AppGameKit for your problems to go away."

Agreed. If your project is still in the early stages then it might be worth waiting because Lee is planning on using the interpreter projects in place of the templates since they're more up-to-date.

Edit-Somehow, I missed your post.

In the C/C++ general tab, for the "Additional Include Directories" go browsing for the AGK\IDE\Common\Include folder so your end path looks something like C:\ProgramFiles\TheGameCreators\AGK\IDE\Common\Include.

You may have to do the same as the above for the "Additional Library Directores" in the Linker->General.

Gehrig
Years of Service
User Offline
Installed the full version of 1076 and am now able to run in debug with no problems.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2012 16:35
Good. I suspected that might fix the issue.

Happy Programming!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 14:49:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 14:49:57