Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Publishing games trough TGC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2012 19:18
Hello.

It's mentioned in AppGameKit faq, so I was wondering if the idea of publishing games trough TGC is working.

Since I live in country not supported by Google play this would probably be the only way for me to publish something to Android market (probably other, too).

Is TGC wiiling to publish something made in AppGameKit by the member of this community?
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2012 22:14
I you tried to register to google website. you can still uplosd your apps there even if you don't have google play support. the same for intel app store.

Thebeely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2012 23:24
But I can't get payed for them.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 05:40
Currently TGC isn't offering a publishing service, however, I believe there are plans for one in the future. Don't quote me on that though.

Thebeely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 09:19
Snaps :/
Are there some other ways to sell a game?
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 10:08
Quote: "Are there some other ways to sell a game?"

You could try to find somebody who will publish your game for you. If you decide to make a thread asking for a publisher on this forum you should email TGC for permission first. They're strict on advertising on the forums due to the amount of spam that can appear. It's unlikely they'll say no.

The other option is to look at other appstores that do support your country. I quickly checked and Apple lets you select Croatia as a country when registering as a developer. Not entirely sure if that influences your publishing rights/abilities however.

Finally, good luck!

Thebeely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 10:26
Thanks, Hodgey.

My main dilemma is weather to invest in AppGameKit and some hardware or move on to something else. Unfortunately, I can't afford myself to work for free and making mobile games is sure more fun than tutoring math and physics to school kids and occasional night shifts of physical work I even found myself a job few years back working as a programmer in DBPro for a pretty good paycheck (at least for a university student).
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 11:33
Quote: "My main dilemma is weather to invest in AppGameKit and some hardware or move on to something else. "

Yeah, that's a tough one. The appstores are a bit like the lottery, hard to win but very rewarding if you.

Quote: "I even found myself a job few years back working as a programmer in DBPro for a pretty good paycheck (at least for a university student)."

That'd be a dream come true for me (for now at least). I'm currently a uni student studying Computer Science and in any spare time I can find, I'm programming in AGK. So I'm taking the risk in my spare time, which I can afford at the moment.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 11:38
@Thebeely, if you have a good game TGC might be interested in selling it. You can make a proposal to TGC using the online form here. There is not currently a direct system for this but TGC are willing (in my experience) to look at publishing games on a case by case basis. They may be concentrating on other areas and not have much time to publish your game even if they like it though so don't take it personally if they can't publish it right away.

I am developing for TGC in AppGameKit Tier 1 and they have a partnership system in place that I and a few other developers (I think) are trying out. There is a good chance that in the future they will be making it easier to get our games published but again it's all conjecture at this point.

Thebeely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 12:08
Quote: "That'd be a dream come true for me (for now at least). I'm currently a uni student studying Computer Science and in any spare time I can find, I'm programming in AGK. So I'm taking the risk in my spare time, which I can afford at the moment. "

It was for me, too. I was developing a math board/puzzle game (not as trivial as it might sound ) for a company that produced those games in physical form and wanted to expand their market. Unfortunately, due to illnes of the company's owner, game never got published (or finished, for that matter, there was only a working demo) and I got paid only for about 1/8 of my work.

@baxslash
I might even give it a shot. I don't have doubts in the quality of games I (we) can produce, but I have absolutely no idea what TGC might be interested in.
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 12:09
I don't have much experience in steam website but it may worth looking at it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 00:55:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 00:55:43