Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2012 16:32 Edited at: 20th Aug 2012 16:13
I get distracted easily and bounce around from one idea to another... This was a little game I put together some 6 months or so ago, and haven't touched it since. I thought I'd share it here as a WIP to see what you think of it... Its actually almost complete, I just need to think abit more about the game play and whether or not its worthy of releasing. I've attached it below if you fancy giving it a try? I'd also be interested in any comments or suggestions...

There are 3 game modes (or 'Worlds', not sure why I called them worlds though?), the first (3rd Screen shot) is to simply catch the falling coins, no real game play to it as yet, just catch as many as you can (game play suggestions welcome ). The second (4th Screen shot) is about avoiding the coins, and the third is the same as the second only you can shoot (space bar or mouse click)... You'll see that 'Worlds' 2 and 3 say locked, I was thinking about having some kind of unlock feature once you have collected x amount of coins or something like that, for now though, all game modes are available for you to try...

Again, any suggestions/comments are welcome especially around game play, I'd certainly love to hear your ideas...

EDIT: Attached new version.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 17th Aug 2012 17:27
cool game , i really liked the lights when a ball touch them they blink that is very cool and looks great.
but and thats a big but .. its kinda boring..
like what is the point ? to catch alot of balls but then nothing really happens maybe you should think about something like .. hmm

hmm
thinking

like maybe try this :

catch the same coloured balls then get a bonus as you keep fetching them..

your mission is to catch only green , each 3 greens you catch you bonus multiplier goes up by X1 and so on..
if you cought a red or yellow your bonous reset itself to 1
and your aim is to get to any amount of points in a limited time period.

making it more pressurized to play is that even a word?! heheheh

try it or something similar your game must be more exciting cause just catching balls is pretty boring.. like you can play it for 5 minutes but then you wont play it again. its all about the gameplay

with that said , that could be an awesome project just refine the gameplay modes etc..

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2012 18:29
Quote: "but and thats a big but .. its kinda boring.."

I couldn't agree more... I think thats why I gave up on it in the first place. It definately needs some kind of exciting game play added to it, which is why I thought I'd post it here for some inspiration...

The idea of having to collect only a certain colour to multply your score is good, I like that... I'll crack on with that for now... Thanks for the comments...
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 17th Aug 2012 19:01
anytime cant wait to play a new game mode!

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 17th Aug 2012 21:22
Oooooo I do hope you port this to AppGameKit 3D too

Away from pc... Will try this shortly...

How about when you collect certain amounts of coins use a fire effect erm how to say... On the paddle... Erm...

Lack of vocab... Need food...

Back later with update...

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2012 16:12
Quote: "How about when you collect certain amounts of coins use a fire effect erm how to say... On the paddle... Erm..."

Ha, this reminds me of NBA Jam, you used to get 'He's on Fire' after scoring loads of baskets...

Ok, so I've had a chance to take a look at the game play today and have made a few changes. Rather than it being constant, you now have 3 lives. The objective (for world 1) is to score as many points as you can within these 3 lives. You need to collect only the green coins which start off at 1 point and increase by 1 everytime you collect another green coin without breaking your combo... Collecting a yellow coin will reset your combo count, and collecting a red coin will reset your combo count and lose you a life...

I'm thinking about adding new coins for 'bonuses' like extra life, bonus points etc etc...

Anyway, I have attached the new version in the orginal post. As always, I appreciate the comments/suggestions... Many thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 10:26:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 10:26:34