Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Sprite movement questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm currently checking out the agk demo, so I'm not sure if the full version covers these issues or not...
I'm wondering if there are commands in the full version to handle sprite movement using it's local axis? For example: SpritePhysicsAddForwardForce, etc? The way the demo has it, you are forced to add forces using world coordinates and hack out custom algorithms to try getting the exact movement scheme you want. This is especially tricky when trying to develop a top-down view controlled car with realistic movement.

Thanks!

Life would be easier if I had the source code.
The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2012 19:52
Hi Willie

You can do it any way you wish. You can create a player sprite with physics that acts like a static sprite. In other words it reacts with the 'physics' world but you can move it by adding/ subtracting from it's x and y values.

Constantly seeking!
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2012 21:16
@The Daddy - of course, but it would be much easier to use commands like in DBPro, where you can just move the sprite forward, and not have to worry about calculating angles. See this link on the bug board for a feature request proposal that has been accepted.

Willie Mundermuffin
Years of Service
User Offline
@Rich - those are EXACTLY what I'm talking about!

Life would be easier if I had the source code.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 00:55:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 00:55:10