Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 2d Animation Creation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2003 00:01
hello!

i wish to create a human sprite... Then i wish to animate it with its legs and arms moving for walking. I have created the first frame of animation using Photoshop. but im wondering is there a way to create animation using Photoshop, so that i can see what my human will look like animated before i paste all the individual frames to a bitmap for sprite grabbing ? or is there another program that would make this easy ?

Thanks!
Cookyzue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2003 03:16 Edited at: 12th Nov 2003 03:17
You can do that with Adobe Photoshop.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Why do people paste their sprites on a bitmap and then grab them? I think it is better to load them as single images. Still I suppose it's up to you. I don't think that Photoshop is much good for animation, but if that's all you've got then you will have to manage with it.

Pincho.
Erusuwasu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2003 08:44 Edited at: 13th Nov 2003 09:01
All you have to do is load your images into ImageReady which comes with Photoshop, and create the animation there. It's easy to do, and I imagine there are tutorials out there that will teach you how.

ImageReady is very powerfull, and works great for animation. It can even generate animations on the fly using the first and final frames of the animation; allowing you to choose how many frames you want.

You know, even though Photoshop is an expensive software, it seems every one and there brother supposedly went out and bought it. Which I find hard to beleive considering half of them don't know how to use it! Sorry (I'm not talking about you Adz) I'm just blowing off some steam.

I've got DBClassic and Photoshop Skillz and I'm not afraid to use um!
Adz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2003 18:30
Thanks Hamanda.. Ive never actually used ImageReady that much. I'll check it out
Adz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2003 18:31
lol !

sorry, "Hamada" !!
Adz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2003 19:53
hi.. Been doin what u said.. using ImageReady. Im having trouble with the brush... I want to draw ONE pixel, and ive chosen the smallest square brush. But everytime i try and draw one pixel, it becomes surrounded with others, like a shading effect. damn! can this be turned off?
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
That's AA Anti-Alias, or smoothing, you should be able to turn it off somewhere.

Pincho.
Erusuwasu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2003 09:27
Use the pencil tool instead of the brush tool. The brush tool is for shading and smooth effects. If your doing pixel by pixel editing you need to use the smallest pencil. That should work.

Adz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2003 16:05
Thanks!

i didnt realise you could change the brush

shows how much i know bout ImageReady. Thanks Hamada!
Erusuwasu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2003 08:19
Glad I can help. It's a big program. Have FUN

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 14:47:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 14:47:35