Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [WIP]App Game Kit Community Wiki

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have sent a request to join your wiki. My user name is synbios128. Thanks.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2013 18:47
I tried to get the latest 1088 template working since the debugger was broken in the last version, however im having some issues. The project compiles fine in release mode, however when I go to debug mode, I get a linker error saying:

Quote: "1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'AGKWindows.lib'
"
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2013 18:55
I updated the v1088 VS 2010 templates on the Wiki page so that the debug configuration works. Download the template again. My apologies.

Are you using VS 2010 or VS 2008?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2013 19:07
I downloaded the template about an hour ago. Did you update it again?

Also, im using VS 2010.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2013 19:58
No. Let me check to make sure that the debug one works here.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2013 20:07
I may have done something wrong to since I was in there messing with some variables, but I think that I restored everything...
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2013 20:13
Okay, I fixed the vanilla one, but not the tweaked one for the debug configuration.

That has just been corrected on the Wiki page.

What directory are you putting the template in?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2013 20:34
Is there a point in using the tweak one if I will just copy my code files from an old project?

I have the template in myDocuments/VisualStudio2010/projects
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2013 21:28
The templates uses relative directories for the AppGameKit includes and libraries:
includes: ..\..\common\Include
libraries: ..\..\platform\windows\lib\Lib\VS2010\(Release or Debug)

If your project is in a location such that those relative locations don't exist, the build won't work. So, update the project properties (both Release and Debug) if your project is somewhere else.

For my own projects, I use absolute paths for those, since I know they won't change on my computer.

The difference between the vanilla and the tweaked templates has nothing to do with the overall project properties. The difference is that the vanilla one has nothing added to it to start with that might be specific to any one platform.

The tweaked versions have code in them so that, in theory, the template.h/cpp files can be dropped in any platform and pick up things specific to that platform.

For the Mac platform, it includes two variables needed within the AppGameKit core and uses them to set the initial virtual resolution.

And I just realised that the Windows tweaked template files still have the iOS tweak code for catching resumed (which isn't in the posted iOS tweaked template) which is no longer needed with v1088.

The tweaked one also has the 'closeThisApp()' method which will definitively shut down the app, for whatever platform it is on, and call the appropriate closing things to clear memory (at least I think it does).

If you've replaced the contents of template.h/cpp with your own code, than there is no need to use the tweaked one over the vanilla one.

When you copy files, make sure NOT to copy the AppGameKit Core files (Core.cpp and CoreForApp.h) unless they are from the original templates for v1088. Those files are changed from version to version and are the core of what makes the difference in the templates.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2013 23:37
Alright, I got both release and debug working. I started with the non tweak template and fixed all link errors, then added my own sourcefiles.

It compiles and links as it should, but the linker does spit out about 20 lines of errors. Is this something I sould be worried about?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 04:18
Are they errors or warnings?

Can you list them? They might be easy fixes.

In the Debug configuration, there are a set of link warnings about atlsd.pdb not found. Nothing to be done about that and not to be worried about. This happens for all versions of AppGameKit (not just v1088).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 10:29
The warings seem to be about the atlsd.pdb, so that's probably the problem. Another a bit more anoying problem is that every second time I compile (both release and debug) I get the error

It isn't a huge issue because it only happens every second time I recompile and if it appears, I just have to recompile. However, it is a bit anoying.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 12:09
Quote: " I get the error"

Exiting with code 31 isn't normal and usually signifies some sort of error. An exit code of 0 is normal. I'd keep an eye on it over the upcoming beta versions.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 17:03
The Zoq2 that mt.exe error can be totally ignored. It pops up every once in a while and has no effect on anything. The app executable was successfully created.

And it has nothing to do with the AppGameKit version. I get it regularly and I'm working in v1076. It is a Visual Studio issue.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 17:31
That's what I assumed, it's a bit anoying when it happens every second time I compile though
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 16:36
That's Microsoft for you.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
mt.exe error is usually a problem with the virus checker blocking it or blocking some of the temp files generated by visual studio. sometimes putting mt.exe in the virus exception list works
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 22:39
i'll look into that
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2013 23:04
ADDED to the Crucial Forums post before unstickying
(sorry but the number of stickies is too large)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 18:24:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 18:24:31