Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Compiler request administrator level privileges..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 11:33 Edited at: 12th Oct 2012 11:45
Hi, I downloaded and now trying the AppGameKit compiler and my first thing done is to open the main.agc file from "SantasBadElf" folder.

Then I get the code on my IDE and I press RUN command to play the game.

All going fine, and I enjoy the game.

After that, I close all "SantasBadElf" code pages and I try to open some other games but from now, when I try to RUN the game so I can just obtain the following message :

"Compiler cannot write to project folder. Compiler requires administrator level privileges"

Ok, so I close the AppGameKit and tried to reopen it but I obtain the same result. So I try to reset my windows and retry to RUN some project ("SantasBadElf" too again) but the result is the same.....

Tried to close antivirus too but nothing change.

What happened?? Why the first time I RUN the game without problems and now I get always the error message?

Thank you.

EDIT :
I notice that I get the error when I try to load single code. In fact if I open a new project **CBP file** (I can see the components of the game in the projects left window) so I get NO errors.
Kobaltic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 22:58
Sounds like a UAC problem to me. Turn off UAC and see if that fixes the problem.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 23:52
Definitely UAC issue. If you are the only one who uses your computer, turn it off. It is the first thing I do on all of my Windows computers.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Marabas
Years of Service
User Offline
Am I to assume that this doesn't work on XP, I have the same problem as above but there is no UAC to turn off on XP.

I have set an admin password, logged in as admin and even run the program as admin but I still get the same message. Looks like I'm going to have to do a chargeback since I've been struggling for 2 full days to compile ANYTHING, AAAAARGH!!!

Signature removed by moderator. Please do not give out the meaning of life in an open forum.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 22:54:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 22:54:32