Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Calling Eric the genius....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 21:14
Eric

Any chance of an update for laz for v1.8x...

I am sure it is tonnes of work but it would be really appreciated by us coding mortals.....

If not that's totally cool...you have already done so much to give us access in pascal.

Truly legend!

Constantly seeking!
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 21:39
I think that he'll update the pascal version when AppGameKit has a stable 1.8 release. Currently many things are bugged, so I'd wait if I was him.

Follow me on twitter! @MotionStruct
Motion Struct blog
The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 21:44
Fair comment k

Makes perfect sense! Just jumping the gun and having a little coders panic! Silly me...again.

Constantly seeking!
Neslib
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 07:35 Edited at: 14th Oct 2012 07:38
Erik here. I have already converted the 190+ new commands to Pascal en will begin working on class wrappers for them soon.

Please note that I don't get any advance releases of upcoming versions, so the 108 beta is the first new version for me too. And with this many new features it will take some time to convert them to a solid class model. And test them all on the 4 supported platforms. So please be patient...

I hope that the 108 command specifications are pretty much finalized by now, so that it won't impact the Pascal wrappers too much. And it would be nice if the documentation for these new commands would be finished as well.

Also, there are quite a few commands related to new forms of sensor input and social networking. Since the devices that I have don't support all the new sensors, and since I don't tweet, I won't be able to test all these features myself. But hopefully that won't be much of a problem since I just provide wrappers of features implemented by TGC. So if it doesn't work, don't blame me
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 18:58
I was hoping that Erik wouldn't start on this until an actual release, but the Dutch are a hard-working people!

Full marks for trying to get ahead of the game! When I get back from Corfu in a week's time after my SF writing sabbatical I'll do what I can to help.

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 19:51
Erik, Jim

Many many thanks in advance.

J

Constantly seeking!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 18:27:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 18:27:14