Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Displaying results of your windows utility or tool program

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 15:32 Edited at: 14th Oct 2012 15:47
This just hit me, but if you didn't realize this before...

If you are writing an app that needs to display some results that you can copy and paste, you can do this:

For instance, my Particle Sandbox program really could benefit from this (I might update it, if I have time), or baxslash's ShapeUp tool, or any project that displays a text file.

And a browser can open other types of files as well!

EDIT: Well, maybe not ShapeUp, since it exports a custom file type for use with his functions.

And it seems that it won't work with a .png graphic.

But it should work fine with an .html file, so if you output some html code, you could really display anything that a web page could display!

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
nice idea
Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 16:26
Cool idea.

Opens up a whole load more possibilities.

If the output is an image, it saves the user having to root through folders, just pop the image up in a browser and they can save it where they like, share it or whatever.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 16:56 Edited at: 14th Oct 2012 17:57
Or, how about a locally stored help file?

Really, tons of possibilities.

EDIT: I know that OpenBrowser() works with Safari on my iPad, but I don't the proper url to use for opening a file on the iPad with Safari. On my Mac, it's "File:///" followed by the path to the file.

I can use GetWritePath() to find the path, but prepending "File://" doesn't cause the browser to open.

Any thoughts?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 18:03:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 18:03:59